Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fizman wrote: »
    I'm thinking of staying away from any Chelsea player for now, even their MFs. Mata apparently played much wider and on the right today and wasn't as much of a threat. Rafa tinkering might affect a few of the heavy hitters.

Never even thought of that!! Hmmm... really dont want to ship Mata out but you wouldnt know what Rafas intentions are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is Bale going up tonight ? Have Valencia and would like to leave it as long as possible to see if he will play cos the transfer would cost me 4 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Thinking of Pinnear out and Sess in, he has Qpr, Norwich and a double in next 3 gameweeks, will then dump him for Fellini probably. Also will look at Mata out for Bale next week depending on what Mata does midweek, don't think he will be near as good under Rafa's defensive tactic's and rotation.

Only one that I might be forced into is Maloney out as he might be out for awhile:

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=300936
    'Shaun's injury is worse than Ivan`s. He picked up a groin strain and although we'll asses him it looks as though he'll be out for a while.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Weetabix wrote: »
    Thinking of Pinnear out and Sess in, he has Qpr, Norwich and a double in next 3 gameweeks, will then dump him for Fellini probably. Also will look at Mata out for Bale next week depending on what Mata does midweek, don't think he will be near as good under Rafa's defensive tactic's and rotation.

I assume Rafa will still want his team to score goals, Mata will continue to rack up the points, I wouldn't be rushing to drop him, thing is Bale will probably outscore him alright so it wouldn't be bad business I suppose, Bale is absolutely world class(as is Mata I suppose) and I would want him in my team no matter what, every time he plays he is involved in loads of scoring chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

team10x.jpg

The obvious two changes are Barnett and Kightly. I've two free subs and 1.2m in the bank.

Opinions?

I was thinking of risking a Villa defender or midfielder.... They've two very easy games coming up and managed to keep a cleansheet this weekend.

I'm reluctant to switch any of the bigger names in midfield/attack.

Just watching MOTD there Puncheon looks to be involved in everything Southampton do, Ramires playing like he can as well, I'm convinced he'll score a good few goals this year, still only 6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shane732 wrote: »
    team10x.jpg

The obvious two changes are Barnett and Kightly. I've two free subs and 1.2m in the bank.

Opinions?

I was thinking of risking a Villa defender or midfielder.... They've two very easy games coming up and managed to keep a cleansheet this weekend.

Kightly to puncheon and barnett to enrique. We have very similar teams Im very worried that both rvp and aguero will be rested midweek .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

demel out mertesacker in

after they go away to everton midweek 4 of arsenals next 6 fixtures are at home to swansea, wba, west ham and newcastle and the 2 away games are reading and wigan.

would have rathered waited until after the everton game but his price is going up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Berbs is going down tonight. Had planned to get Fletcher in for him for the double gameweek but might do it now before the drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

PWEI wrote: »
    Berbs is going down tonight. Had planned to get Fletcher in for him for the double gameweek but might do it now before the drop.

fletcher going up tonight too so it's a .2 swing if you don't do it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is there a double game week this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No. There are 2 gameweeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Whats the better choice getting shawcross in and doubling up on Stoke at home to Newcastle or keeping Baines at home to Arsenal? Im going to have to ship him out next week to free up cash anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Whats the better choice getting shawcross in and doubling up on Stoke at home to Newcastle or keeping Baines at home to Arsenal? Im going to have to ship him out next week to free up cash anyway...

Ship out Baines if you're planning to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Think people have to get Fletcher in, Sunderland and Reading are playing the match that was postponed at start of year on Dec 11th so 2 games for only them that week.

Sunderlands next fixtures are QPR home, Norwich away, chelsea and reading both at home.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Sunderlands next fixtures are QPR home, Norwich away, chelsea and reading both at home.

After which they face league leaders Man Utd (A) in GW17. Meanwhile Fulham have a tough run up to GW 17 when they face bottom of the league QPR, followed by some good fixtures.

Now the logical move is to ship out Berbs for Fletcher, take advantage of his good run of fixtures, DGW, AND price increase. Then bring back Berbs in GW17 at a better price (he's already dropped 0.1) just in time for his good run of fixtures. Like I said this is the logical move, which I have taken. Whether it will be rewarded or not is entirely different...

Enrique has also made his way into my team at the expense of McAuley. Cost myself a few points by not doing it last week but he is basically playing as a left winger and can't be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hazard to Silva done this morning . Will prob do Tevez to Suarez on tuesday night .

Baines is almost on the chopping block for me. Just not returning enough and I could use the money tbh. Tough to let go of a player that gets chances to score/assist every week though. If I downgraded him to a benchwarmer 4m defender I could upgrade Nolan to Bale.

Baines has Arsenal (H) next, will be paying close attention to him with City (A) coming the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

So I'm going Baines -> Enrique, and either berb or Ba to Fletcher for a 4 point hit, which do you think is better to chop? Berb has some tough fixtures, but Newcastle are woeful ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

4zi8A.png

Had to get Fellaini in this week or I probably wouldn't be able to afford him. Hope he gives me a good return now.

Any suggestions on selection?

Next week I'm debating Ba -> Fletcher. Don't know how well he'll do against Norwich.

Thinking Mata -> Bale too soon, sickened I got rid of Bale now.

Also hope to get Suarez in at some point, and may even sacrifice RVP for him, given RVPs lack of points recently. He's been demoted to VC this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Took a second hit this week, but see it as a valid move for a few reasons.

Green -> Guzan. Green burning a hole in my squad since GW2/3 and only had Jussi as an option.
    Nolan -> Puncheon. Nolan has horrendous fixtures until new year and I think WH wil lstruggle a lot more over that period. Puncheon on the other hand has nice fixtures/form and frees up some money to strengthen next GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ba gone, Tevez in.

Newcastle are an abomination right now without Coloccini, Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Hazard may be moved on next week seen as Chelsea could well get a bit more cautious now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ba gone, Tevez in.

Newcastle are an abomination right now without Coloccini, Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Hazard may be moved on next week seen as Chelsea could well get a bit more cautious now.

I've done, and will be doing, the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Did 2 transfers just now

Ruddy and Jelavic out
    Begovic and Rooney in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

berba to fletch, should did it last night but forgot about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Should I get Bale or Silva...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    team10x.jpg

Opinions?

Any more thoughts on this?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Should I get Bale or Silva...?

Bale of course, the guy is pure gold!

• Advertisement

Eldoco wrote: »
    berba to fletch, should did it last night but forgot about it...

Lost 0.2m by doing that...

Advertisement