Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 14 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Take it to the Handbag forum lads.

Back to transfer talk.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Ah, a Lemlin post directly after mine. I can only assume you are trying to get involved in something or other.

What are the chances you are agreeing with me? At a guess I would say 100/1. Guess I'll never know, as you are blissfully still on my ignore list.

fn44r5.png

Surely you realise by now that I don't see your posts...

Of course you have me on ignore. Just like you put S.M.B on ignore the same day as me but seem to be able to see and reply to his posts.

You raised a query with another poster re stats. I'm answering it. I fail to see the problem.

You give plenty of opinions on here and this is the first one I've disagreed with in a while, mainly because rather than just being wrong, it's outrageously wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You don't think any of those are in the top 15 in the Premier League? Laugh all you want at Demba Ba, I already said Bale would beat him into the top 10 PL players, doesn't negate the fact hes probably top 15 attacking players in the league.

You just picked out 6 players from 15 that you rate below Bale in the Premier League. Meaning he is one of 9 'world class' Premier League attacking players, rated by you, correct? So how many world class players are there in the World then? 40? 50? 100?? And yet you are convinced that him being in the top 10 in the world is an 'easy argument'! And we're not even including defenders or keepers!!

Any top 10 list is subjective, the issue here is you trying to push it as fact like its an easy argument. I'd love to see you react to someone coming on and saying Ba is in the top 10 in the world, you've lost the plot above with me just saying he's top 15 in England! If you honestly believe Bale is top 10 in the world, go to the soccer forum and post a poll. I'll happy give you 6/4 odds that the majority (at least 65%) will vote no. And this is on a biased Irish forum which the majority won't even have seen much non-UK football.

As for Ronaldo vs Henry, again I would be surprised if Henry ever got near his end of season points tally. Ronaldo was down as a midfielder, so got clean sheet points AND and extra point for every goal. Do you think Henry ever outscored him?

Yeah, you're right of course. Henry was just the most expensive player in the history of the game because he only scored mediocre points every week. He was the first player to pass the 200 points barrier. The game was scored differently back then. Up till 2004/05, I think, it may have been a season earlier, that there were two points for a midfielders clean sheet. Bonus points were very different back then too. Lots of players could get bonus points, not just 3 (or 4 like it is now) and Henry got 3 almost every week just for turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What do ye make of Charlie Adam? Thinking of getting rid of Pienaar. If Sessegnon was any cheaper I'd be very tempted.

What do ye make of Charlie Adam? Thinking of getting rid of Pienaar. If Sessegnon was any cheaper I'd be very tempted.

Could very well prove a good option. He seems to be playing in the role that Walters had last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You don't think any of those are in the top 15 in the Premier League? Laugh all you want at Demba Ba, I already said Bale would beat him into the top 10 PL players, doesn't negate the fact hes probably top 15 attacking players in the league.

You just picked out 6 players from 15 that you rate below Bale in the Premier League. Meaning he is one of 9 'world class' Premier League attacking players, rated by you, correct? So how many world class players are there in the World then? 40? 50? 100?? And yet you are convinced that him being in the top 10 in the world is an 'easy argument'! And we're not even including defenders or keepers!!

Any top 10 list is subjective, the issue here is you trying to push it as fact like its an easy argument. I'd love to see you react to someone coming on and saying Ba is in the top 10 in the world, you've lost the plot above with me just saying he's top 15 in England! If you honestly believe Bale is top 10 in the world, go to the soccer forum and post a poll. I'll happy give you 6/4 odds that the majority (at least 65%) will vote no. And this is on a biased Irish forum which the majority won't even have seen much non-UK football.

As for Ronaldo vs Henry, again I would be surprised if Henry ever got near his end of season points tally. Ronaldo was down as a midfielder, so got clean sheet points AND and extra point for every goal. Do you think Henry ever outscored him?

First of all I would like to put this argument behind us,perhaps I didn't come across too well in posting some of my views, I DID say that Bale was unquestionably the best British footballer, of course that is only my opinion and there are others who would claim differently of course, probably most if I'm being honest. I do believe that if he was English then opinions would be more in favour of me, as a Welsh player he will always suffer from never playing at what is considered the biggest stage, I think he is a very underrated player for some reason, his bad games are so rare that as a Spurs fan I can hardly remember any. This is the Fantasy football forum so it is for that reason most here will be interested, of course there will be plenty of weeks when he gets 2 points but show me another midfielder who doesn't?
    Take last sunday for instance where a bit of luck could have seen him score 20 points, watch highlights or read a match report if you don't get what I'm saying.
    The players I pointed out were just the ones where a sane argument could not be made that they are better than Bale, Demba Ba was scraping the barrel a bit I hope you'll admit. With the exception of Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi, Bale is up there with the best of them(in my opinion of course). I think anybody would have to admit that while my opinion may be different to theirs it doesn't merit ridicule.

Will you concede that he is one of the best 10 Welsh players?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Lads ye are dragging this thread waaaay off topic, can you please leave it to soccer forum and get back to FPL transfers here. It's annoying to have to read through all this OT garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Jussi or Schwarzer in goal this week? I know neither are ideal but I have no choice as I brought Fellaini in..

Lads ye are dragging this thread waaaay off topic, can you please leave it to soccer forum and get back to FPL transfers here. It's annoying to have to read through all this OT garbage.

Are you looking for some advice? You've come to the right place, How can we help you?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah, you're right of course. Henry was just the most expensive player in the history of the game because he only scored mediocre points every week. He was the first player to pass the 200 points barrier. The game was scored differently back then. Up till 2004/05, I think, it may have been a season earlier, that there were two points for a midfielders clean sheet. Bonus points were very different back then too. Lots of players could get bonus points, not just 3 (or 4 like it is now) and Henry got 3 almost every week just for turning up.

Yep and as I said my first season was 06/07 and I didn't really take it that seriously the first few years so wouldn't know much about Henry in terms of FF, although by simply looking at his goal tally I can't see how he can compete. Still pretty sure if you took his performance in his best year, and took Ronaldo's best year, using today's metrics Ronaldo would win.

No point arguing who had the better goal to game ratio or who was more prolific, my point is that Ronaldo in 07/08 was the best FF player of all time. I remember him scoring at least one hat-trick and a number of brace's. For example, he scored a hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Newcastle, which as captain would have netted you 42 points. The same for Henry would have gotten you 36 points.

Do you disagree?

• Advertisement

Other than the Bale debate the rest is linked to FF, don't get your knickers in a twist :)

But to get back directly on topic, here's some updates for tonight and tomorrow's games:

Arsenal
    Theo Walcott returns to the Arsenal squad for Everton trip http://tinyurl.com/7nrechc

Man United
    Nani still out for Man United. Valencia remains a doubt. http://goo.gl/wMnV8
    Anderson expected to start for Man United against West Ham http://goo.gl/dGSwQ

Newcastle
    Reports suggest Steven Taylor could be out for up to six weeks with hamstring problem http://goo.gl/PCjRH

Norwich
    John Ruddy remains a doubt for Norwich's trip to Southampton http://goo.gl/e6A7b

Stoke
    Andy Wilkinson ruled out for Stoke tomorrow but could be back for weekend http://goo.gl/qdCfI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Are you looking for some advice? You've come to the right place, How can we help you?:p

Well since you offered....

My team at present:

Begovic
    Caulker/Cuellar/Rafael
    Fellaini/michu/mata (vc)/carzola
    RVP (c)/tevez/ba

subs are jussi & sterling/cameron/hughes in that order

Have 2 FTs and thinking Ba->fletcher

but after that not sure, maybe hold on? was considering downgrading rafael and then upgrading michu to bale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭BenK

Thinking of going for Oscar to Silva and Caulker to someone like Clark for this GW. I have 2 FT and this would use up all my cash. Anyone have any opinions on this? I think Silva will score well from here on in but ideally I don't really want to get rid of Caulker yet. Oscar has been given enough of a chance so far I think... The rest of the team is Begovic (sub is McCarthy), Gorkss, Mertesacker, Rafael, Shawcross, Bale, Fellaini, Puncheon, Sterling, Suarez, Tevez and Rooney.

Well since you offered....

My team at present:

Begovic
    Caulker/Cuellar/Rafael
    Fellaini/michu/mata (vc)/carzola
    RVP (c)/tevez/ba

subs are jussi & sterling/cameron/hughes in that order

Have 2 FTs and thinking Ba->fletcher

but after that not sure, maybe hold on? was considering downgrading rafael and then upgrading michu to bale

Whenever I see Carzola in a team I think its money that could be better spent, of course I will recommend Bale at a similar price but thats well documented.
    As for the rush to get on Fletcher I just don't see the sense, the extra game week includes a match(home I admit) to Chelsea where he will very likely score 2 points, I wouldn't be so sure of him scoring against Reading either but of course it's very possible, I would have more faith in Berbatov at a similar price to score regularly, you could use the money you save on Ba-Berbatov to upgrade a defender.

Whenever I see Carzola in a team I think its money that could be better spent, of course I will recommend Bale at a similar price but thats well documented.
    As for the rush to get on Fletcher I just don't see the sense, the extra game week includes a match(home I admit) to Chelsea where he will very likely score 2 points, I wouldn't be so sure of him scoring against Reading either but of course it's very possible, I would have more faith in Berbatov at a similar price to score regularly, you could use the money you save on Ba-Berbatov to upgrade a defender.

I'm bringing in Fletch as he has an easy run and seems to be hitting form again. Barring an incredible run of goals he'll be getting swapped back for Berbs after the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BenK wrote: »
    Thinking of going for Oscar to Silva and Caulker to someone like Clark for this GW. I have 2 FT and this would use up all my cash. Anyone have any opinions on this? I think Silva will score well from here on in but ideally I don't really want to get rid of Caulker yet. Oscar has been given enough of a chance so far I think... The rest of the team is Begovic (sub is McCarthy), Gorkss, Mertesacker, Rafael, Shawcross, Bale, Fellaini, Puncheon, Sterling, Suarez, Tevez and Rooney.

I'd get Walcott. give you some attacking Arsenal coverage. then you can save your 2nd transfer. Nice team

Speaking of Arsenal cover and in line with the mid price striker talk, they have a lovely run of fixtures coming up and Giroud is a great price for those weeks, he should rack up more points than Walcott IMO, I wouldn't have Walcott near my team until he starts producing more regularly,not just FF wise but all round for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Did manone ----> begovic
    &
    Ba ----> fletcher

Speaking of Arsenal cover and in line with the mid price striker talk, they have a lovely run of fixtures coming up and Giroud is a great price for those weeks, he should rack up more points than Walcott IMO, I wouldn't have Walcott near my team until he starts producing more regularly,not just FF wise but all round for Arsenal.

Giroud is definitely on my radar. Too many good strikers this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭BenK

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd get Walcott. give you some attacking Arsenal coverage. then you can save your 2nd transfer. Nice team

Cheers. Hadn't really considered Walcott. Oscar to Theo or Oscar to Silva and Caulker to Clark. Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BenK wrote: »

Cheers. Hadn't really considered Walcott. Oscar to Theo or Oscar to Silva and Caulker to Clark. Decisions, decisions...

Walcott is a demon for the points. I think Wenger has copped on he has to start every game when fit now. He's just too good. And he's even taking set pieces now too. He's in my team as soon as i can fit him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ba to Fletcher.

Have been doing crap the last few weeks. Went from around 50th in the Boards league to around 200. Getting rid of Tevez before his monster week killed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Isn't Walcott injured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Isn't Walcott injured ?

Back in the squad for tomorrow, if he is anyway close to fit he will start I would think.

Plumped for Fletcher and Azpilicueta in for Ba and Cahill.

Enrique/Wisdom or else Nastasic for next GW.

More injury news...

Liverpool
    Andre Wisdom back for Liverpool's trip to Spurs http://goo.gl/NrHbg

Man City
    Gael Clichy remains OUT for Man City, also likely to miss weekend http://goo.gl/oYHx7

West Brom
    Ben Foster ruled out of West Brom's next two games with Swansea and Stoke by Steve Clarke http://goo.gl/nGprf
    Clarke also reveals Olsson and Mulumbu will try training tomorrow morning to see if they'll be fit for Swansea clash http://goo.gl/jV0IH

More injury news...

Liverpool
    Andre Wisdom back for Liverpool's trip to Spurs http://goo.gl/NrHbg

Man City
    Gael Clichy remains OUT for Man City, also likely to miss weekend http://goo.gl/oYHx7

West Brom
    Ben Foster ruled out of West Brom's next two games with Swansea and Stoke by Steve Clarke http://goo.gl/nGprf
    Clarke also reveals Olsson and Mulumbu will try training tomorrow morning to see if they'll be fit for Swansea clash http://goo.gl/jV0IH

Wisdom back means I'll see if he plays tonight and drop Rafael for him. That'll free up the cash for my Tevez to Aguero move.

I'm not making a transfer this Gameweek to save one.

My one problem with Giroud is that Arsenal have played the likes of QPR and Norwich and he's failed to provide any returns.

Walcott has yielded more points per time on the pitch the few times he has played and I think Wenger will give him a run now.

I wouldn't be bringing either in ahead of a tough game against Everton though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Tempted by Fellaini to Sessegnon, both have pros and cons, but Sunderland's fixtures are favourable, even if their form is below average. Or maybe I'll just let it sit, dunno. Rest of team is.. Begovic (Jussi), Caulker, Enrique, Shawcross, (Clyne, McCartney)-- Hazard, Fellaini, Lallana, Bale, (Tettey)-- Giroud, Suarez, RVP(c). Any thoughts, opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Tempted by Fellaini to Sessegnon, both have pros and cons, but Sunderland's fixtures are favourable, even if their form is below average. Or maybe I'll just let it sit, dunno. Rest of team is.. Begovic (Jussi), Caulker, Enrique, Shawcross, (Clyne, McCartney)-- Hazard, Fellaini, Lallana, Bale, (Tettey)-- Giroud, Suarez, RVP(c). Any thoughts, opinions?
    Swap Lallana for Sterling and use the extra cash to swap Giroud for Tevez.

I wouldn't, Fellaini is proven so far and is still on form. Wait and see how both perform this week before even considering it.

Swap Lallana for Sterling and use the extra cash to swap Giroud for Tevez.

Thanks. happy enough with Lallana and Giroud tho, both 90min players for the most part, I do rate Sterling but already have Enrique and Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Very tempted to do Fellaini to Sessegnon also, Everton fixtures aren't nice and sunderland have the double gameweek.

As an Arsenal fan though, I expect Fellaini to cause us real problems from set pieces....

Our teams are pretty similar!

I wouldn't, Fellaini is proven so far and is still on form. Wait and see how both perform this week before even considering it.

Sold! I can bring Sess in for the DGW or shortly beforehand as long as his price doesn't balloon, think he's due a rise tonight even.

Pacly wrote: »
    Very tempted to do Fellaini to Sessegnon also, Everton fixtures aren't nice and sunderland have the double gameweek.

As an Arsenal fan though, I expect Fellaini to cause us real problems from set pieces....

Our teams are pretty similar!

2-3 will do then tomorrow night, a brace for Fell and 2 and an assist for Giroud :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

2-3 will do then tomorrow night, a brace for Fell and 2 and an assist for Giroud :pac:

Sounds good to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Ba to Fletcher.

same

Cue Ba hattrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When is the DGW and what teams should i stock up on?

GW16 (today/tomorrow is GW13)

No need to 'stock up' on players, but either Fletcher or Sessegnon would be a good buy. You should think medium term and get one of them tonight so you have 3 GW's (4 matches) with them.

Should never really get players just for one week.

Out of Nolan and Rafael who should I play? Take a chance that Rafael gets a clean sheet and Nolan won't score or vice versa?

Also not sure who to play between Morrison, Pienaar and Berbatov considering the fixtures. I have a transfer but trying to save it for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Out of Nolan and Rafael who should I play? Take a chance that Rafael gets a clean sheet and Nolan won't score or vice versa?

Also not sure who to play between Morrison, Pienaar and Berbatov considering the fixtures. I have a transfer but trying to save it for the weekend.

Rafael is a no brainer there,
    Given the choice I'd plump for Berbatov in the second case, I don't fancy him to score but he's capable of doing it in any game(Penalties also), I would have zero expectation of the others doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GW16 (today/tomorrow is GW13)

No need to 'stock up' on players, but either Fletcher or Sessegnon would be a good buy. You should think medium term and get one of them tonight so you have 3 GW's (4 matches) with them.

Should never really get players just for one week.

Looking at my team and was tempted to swap Tevez for Suarez for GW15.
    Both are at home but Southampton are pretty leaky.
    In general your point is correct but i think in this situation there is a case.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

I get my Free Transfer for the weekend after the 7.30 deadline tonight dont I? Looking at changes and want to make them befroe the prices change!

Rafael is a no brainer there,
    Given the choice I'd plump for Berbatov in the second case, I don't fancy him to score but he's capable of doing it in any game(Penalties also), I would have zero expectation of the others doing anything.

Cheers, that's exactly what I was thinking too. It may even be a good time to move Nolan on if I had the balls to do it.

I reckon I'll have to go for Morrison over Pienaar in midfield as West Brom are in such good form and he may play behind Long/Lukaku as it's an away game.

BenMicheal wrote: »
    I get my Free Transfer for the weekend after the 7.30 deadline tonight dont I? Looking at changes and want to make them befroe the prices change!

Yes indeed but wait maybe,injuries etc.......

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at my team and was tempted to swap Tevez for Suarez for GW15.
    Both are at home but Southampton are pretty leaky.
    In general your point is correct but i think in this situation there is a case.....

So are you planning on swapping back irregardless of how they perform? This means you are risking using up 2 transfers... you need to give this a points value, not to mention the possible cash you will lose.

It's not a move I would ever consider really, if I make a transfer I'd be looking at mid/long term. Its fine to move a player in for a DGW or a big match (like Southampton at home) but you need to be willing to hold on to the player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Brought in Azpipicueta for Vlaar. Hoping that Benitez's arrival can shore up things at the back for Chelsea.

Still have a transfer, would like to get Walcott in but the the minute my midfeield is Lallana, Michu, Nolan, Bale & Hazard. To afford Walcott I'd have to sell either Hazard or Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Walcott, Fellaini or Sterling for week 14?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Mignolet for Jussi seems like a no brainer to me with the upcoming fixtures? Have Begovic and have been rotating the two but with the upcoming WH fixtures it seems like a no brainer..................................or am I mad?

So are you planning on swapping back irregardless of how they perform? This means you are risking using up 2 transfers... you need to give this a points value, not to mention the possible cash you will lose.

It's not a move I would ever consider really, if I make a transfer I'd be looking at mid/long term. Its fine to move a player in for a DGW or a big match (like Southampton at home) but you need to be willing to hold on to the player

Tevez home to Everton,slight rotation risk plus Everton can be sticky.
    1 goal maybe an assist max,unlikely captain choice

Suarez home to Saints,definate starter,leaky defence,centre of most Pool attacks,likely to get 2 goals,Bp's and captain material.

Suarez has gotten 3 v Norwich and 2 v Wigan so i reckon he can get a couple v Saints,Tevez has only gotten 2 once all season

To do this and change back regardless is the key as values can rise and fall,best left till the last minute of the window to minimise losses then quick change back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement