Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 transfers

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Tempted by Fellaini to Sessegnon, both have pros and cons, but Sunderland's fixtures are favourable, even if their form is below average. Or maybe I'll just let it sit, dunno. Rest of team is.. Begovic (Jussi), Caulker, Enrique, Shawcross, (Clyne, McCartney)-- Hazard, Fellaini, Lallana, Bale, (Tettey)-- Giroud, Suarez, RVP(c). Any thoughts, opinions?

I wouldn't, Fellaini is proven so far and is still on form. Wait and see how both perform this week before even considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Swap Lallana for Sterling and use the extra cash to swap Giroud for Tevez.

Thanks. happy enough with Lallana and Giroud tho, both 90min players for the most part, I do rate Sterling but already have Enrique and Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Tempted by Fellaini to Sessegnon, both have pros and cons, but Sunderland's fixtures are favourable, even if their form is below average. Or maybe I'll just let it sit, dunno. Rest of team is.. Begovic (Jussi), Caulker, Enrique, Shawcross, (Clyne, McCartney)-- Hazard, Fellaini, Lallana, Bale, (Tettey)-- Giroud, Suarez, RVP(c). Any thoughts, opinions?

Very tempted to do Fellaini to Sessegnon also, Everton fixtures aren't nice and sunderland have the double gameweek.

As an Arsenal fan though, I expect Fellaini to cause us real problems from set pieces....

Our teams are pretty similar!

roryc wrote: »
    I wouldn't, Fellaini is proven so far and is still on form. Wait and see how both perform this week before even considering it.

Sold! I can bring Sess in for the DGW or shortly beforehand as long as his price doesn't balloon, think he's due a rise tonight even.

Pacly wrote: »
    Very tempted to do Fellaini to Sessegnon also, Everton fixtures aren't nice and sunderland have the double gameweek.

As an Arsenal fan though, I expect Fellaini to cause us real problems from set pieces....

Our teams are pretty similar!

2-3 will do then tomorrow night, a brace for Fell and 2 and an assist for Giroud :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

2-3 will do then tomorrow night, a brace for Fell and 2 and an assist for Giroud :pac:

Sounds good to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Ba to Fletcher.

same

Cue Ba hattrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When is the DGW and what teams should i stock up on?

GW16 (today/tomorrow is GW13)

No need to 'stock up' on players, but either Fletcher or Sessegnon would be a good buy. You should think medium term and get one of them tonight so you have 3 GW's (4 matches) with them.

Should never really get players just for one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Out of Nolan and Rafael who should I play? Take a chance that Rafael gets a clean sheet and Nolan won't score or vice versa?

Also not sure who to play between Morrison, Pienaar and Berbatov considering the fixtures. I have a transfer but trying to save it for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Out of Nolan and Rafael who should I play? Take a chance that Rafael gets a clean sheet and Nolan won't score or vice versa?

Also not sure who to play between Morrison, Pienaar and Berbatov considering the fixtures. I have a transfer but trying to save it for the weekend.

Rafael is a no brainer there,
    Given the choice I'd plump for Berbatov in the second case, I don't fancy him to score but he's capable of doing it in any game(Penalties also), I would have zero expectation of the others doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GW16 (today/tomorrow is GW13)

No need to 'stock up' on players, but either Fletcher or Sessegnon would be a good buy. You should think medium term and get one of them tonight so you have 3 GW's (4 matches) with them.

Should never really get players just for one week.

Looking at my team and was tempted to swap Tevez for Suarez for GW15.
    Both are at home but Southampton are pretty leaky.
    In general your point is correct but i think in this situation there is a case.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

I get my Free Transfer for the weekend after the 7.30 deadline tonight dont I? Looking at changes and want to make them befroe the prices change!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rafael is a no brainer there,
    Given the choice I'd plump for Berbatov in the second case, I don't fancy him to score but he's capable of doing it in any game(Penalties also), I would have zero expectation of the others doing anything.

Cheers, that's exactly what I was thinking too. It may even be a good time to move Nolan on if I had the balls to do it.

I reckon I'll have to go for Morrison over Pienaar in midfield as West Brom are in such good form and he may play behind Long/Lukaku as it's an away game.

BenMicheal wrote: »
    I get my Free Transfer for the weekend after the 7.30 deadline tonight dont I? Looking at changes and want to make them befroe the prices change!

Yes indeed but wait maybe,injuries etc.......

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at my team and was tempted to swap Tevez for Suarez for GW15.
    Both are at home but Southampton are pretty leaky.
    In general your point is correct but i think in this situation there is a case.....

So are you planning on swapping back irregardless of how they perform? This means you are risking using up 2 transfers... you need to give this a points value, not to mention the possible cash you will lose.

It's not a move I would ever consider really, if I make a transfer I'd be looking at mid/long term. Its fine to move a player in for a DGW or a big match (like Southampton at home) but you need to be willing to hold on to the player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Brought in Azpipicueta for Vlaar. Hoping that Benitez's arrival can shore up things at the back for Chelsea.

Still have a transfer, would like to get Walcott in but the the minute my midfeield is Lallana, Michu, Nolan, Bale & Hazard. To afford Walcott I'd have to sell either Hazard or Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Walcott, Fellaini or Sterling for week 14?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Mignolet for Jussi seems like a no brainer to me with the upcoming fixtures? Have Begovic and have been rotating the two but with the upcoming WH fixtures it seems like a no brainer..................................or am I mad?

So are you planning on swapping back irregardless of how they perform? This means you are risking using up 2 transfers... you need to give this a points value, not to mention the possible cash you will lose.

It's not a move I would ever consider really, if I make a transfer I'd be looking at mid/long term. Its fine to move a player in for a DGW or a big match (like Southampton at home) but you need to be willing to hold on to the player

Tevez home to Everton,slight rotation risk plus Everton can be sticky.
    1 goal maybe an assist max,unlikely captain choice

Suarez home to Saints,definate starter,leaky defence,centre of most Pool attacks,likely to get 2 goals,Bp's and captain material.

Suarez has gotten 3 v Norwich and 2 v Wigan so i reckon he can get a couple v Saints,Tevez has only gotten 2 once all season

To do this and change back regardless is the key as values can rise and fall,best left till the last minute of the window to minimise losses then quick change back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fellaini. Although I fancy Walcott to do well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

How accurate is the RTE website for team news I have A.Johnson in my team but I see he is not in the squad according to this link

If he isnt I will transfer him out for Sessegnon before the deadline..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Swallowed my pride and brought Tevez back in after missing his 19-point GW last weekend. Though he was rotated with Dzeko at the weekend so I know it's a risk. Still, he's replacing Ba while Newcastle are going through their rough patch. Swapped Figeuroa for Whittaker of Norwich to free up the 0.1 I needed. He's been starting lately and Norwich are in good form (though he'll probably be a perennial bench warmer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

no12 wrote: »
    How accurate is the RTE website for team news I have A.Johnson in my team but I see he is not in the squad according to this link

If he isnt I will transfer him out for Sessegnon before the deadline..

According to Sky Sports News he starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

POKERKING wrote: »
    Sess or Adam johnson?? Who to bring in???mmmm....
    Robson-Kanu or McAnuff...
    People forget that Reading also have a DGW and could be more likely to actually do something

I know its GW15 and heading for 16, but I hope you took my advice. The former just scored against Utd, assisted by the latter.

Advertisement