Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Travel?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi There,

Me and 7 others of my family are wanting to go to Orlando, FL this Summer! But we have been thinking about the weather and have seen other threads about it, will it be too humid? If it was too humid where would we stay? We want to do Disney World and Universal Studios. Could someone give me some advice!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

it will be warm and humid, i wouldnt worry about where to stay as every hotel/rental will have some kind of aircon and most have pools too

the problem will be standing around in queues or walking around during the heat of the day in the parks....they are huge, not really much advice i can give except bring sunhats, cream, water every day to the park (you can buy all that stuff pretty cheap in orlando as there are lots of walgreens pharamacys all over town)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

rossie1977 wrote: »
    it will be warm and humid, i wouldnt worry about where to stay as every hotel/rental will have some kind of aircon and most have pools too

the problem will be standing around in queues or walking around during the heat of the day in the parks....they are huge,

That's about the size of it ok, if at all possible avoid June, July & August

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

June, July & August are hot hot hot ! but having said that, we went a number of years ago in early May and it was seriously hot then too ! it may be that you can not go any other time of the year and if this is the case then just go for it and be as prepared as you can. As regards Universal, a good idea would be to stay onsite for at least one night so that you can avail of the automatic fast pass and early opening perk.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

I went with a friend who was really worried about heat & humidity (shes actually allergic to sun!) but not only did she not have a problem but said a hot day in Dublin causes her more problems!

+1 on the hat, sunscreen & water

& I don't care how many are in your party or what price they've gone up too (I was just in Florida in September & noticed prices had gone up but didn't go to parks this trip so can't remember how much), the VIP TICKETS ARE WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD as far as I'm concerned!

Start budgeting for it now, I was shocked how few people paid for them but as my friend and I only wanted to go to Disney one day & Universal another we wanted & did see everything we wanted but only cos of cutting lines with ticket upgrades (we were staying close to Busch Gardens so did that twice & didn't bother to upgrade tickets). The only wait of note we had was when we walked past 100 queuing in Universal & the people in front of us were just getting onto ride when it broke! Even then they had whole thing up n running in less than 20mins, it was an incredible operation.

if theres 7, look at villa rentals, great value & car hire is a must & most important have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I wouldn't change your holiday plans based on humidity......in the height of the summer it'll be like that at most destinations.

We live in Ohio and our summers are generally 100+ degrees and 80-90% humidity......same in florida, same out west.

Absoultely everywhere is airconditioned......and being by the coast the breeze normally makes most days bearable.

Almost every public family attractions have cooling stations set up all summer......the are extremely refreshing on a long day out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

It's def going to be very hot.Best advice pay the extra money and get the fast pass to skip the lines.
    Orlando doesn't get any sea breeze as it's inland from the coast, so it's going to be hot and Humid.I live in Florida and the heat that time of year takes some getting used too.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

CeebzB wrote: »
    Hi There,

Me and 7 others of my family are wanting to go to Orlando, FL this Summer! But we have been thinking about the weather and have seen other threads about it, will it be too humid? If it was too humid where would we stay? We want to do Disney World and Universal Studios. Could someone give me some advice!

Thanks!

Go in the first week of September after Labour Day. No queues and cooler

Advertisement