Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark posts as read

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭

I'm probably searching in the wrong places but I can't find the option to mark all posts as read. Where is it please? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Top right of each forum is forum tools. click that and mark all as read is 3rd down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Thanks. That will work fine on a per-forum basis but what if I just want to mark all posts as read. This function used to exist pre site-upgrade. I'm sure it's still there but atm I just can't seem to find it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

When I try to use the Mark Forums Read option, under the boards.ie menu, it just tells me "invalid security token". I'll get the devs to answer as to whether it's working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I don't see the option in the boards.ie menu.
    I get this:

Yu83r.png

Or have I missed something?

- Edit -

Although when I select the Forum Index option from that list it brings up all the forums with the list of logged in members at the bottom.
    Just above that is a link to Mark the forums as read.

fHj3Y.png

It seems a somewhat convoluted way to do something that was much more straightforward before. :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I don't see the option in the boards.ie menu.
    I get this:

I use the old skin so it has one in the menu. The entry at the bottom still seems to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The option does not exist on the new menu. Click the Forum Index in your menu, scroll to the bottom just above the "Who's currently online" you will see "Mark all forums read" and you can use that link.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement