Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Toronto - IEC Confusion! :/

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey everyone,

I am planning on moving to Toronto in 2013 through the IEC scheme - I'm not going to do it through USIT, just going to do it on my own. I've been researching it a lot and have noticed that there is a lot of contradictory stuff on the embassy website - and there are loads of online forums with people just as confused as me.

The main thing is the fee that has to be paid. On the website it says the fee is to be paid after your application has been accepted, when you will be prompted to pay via an email. But then on one of the checklists it says to check have you paid the fee with the application. Throughout the forums there are some people who said they didn't pay with the application and because of this their application was returned, whilst others did pay and their application was returned because of that! :/

I know the 2013 process isn't open yet but I would love some insight on what others did, and if you have any other advice when dealing with embassy yourself.

Thanks a mil! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Hey I'm not much help with answering your question but I was wondering while you were researching the IEC was there any tips you could give in terms of applying for it?

Planning on getting my garda clearance organise this week to have it ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Look at the IEC 2012/2011 threads on here....stuffed with all the info of what people did

• Registered Users Posts: 8 edie s

hey retalivity, thanks ill have a look at it now! :)

hey ladybird23, i'm the same i'm organising my clearance on Tue to have it ready! :) From what I have read up so far everyone was saying that the embassy never email back and that they are quite unorganised so if you do end up putting a small mistake on your forms they will just send the forms back, which could take a good few weeks, rather than contacting you to get the correct info or whatever.

People just kept saying to keep on checking that the info on the forms is correct - other than that i have mostly just seen posts about being confused and looking for advice! I emailed the embassy last week to ask them to clarify when the fee should be paid for the 2013 round but I haven't heard anything back...if I do I'll post it up here straight away. If I come across anything that might be of help I'll put the link up aswel. I'm just hoping it all goes smoothly!

Yeah I think I'm just getting paranoid that I will mess something up. From reading other posts its very easy done! Am I right in saying you need to send off a cv with your form? Something else to get ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea cv is needed i never had one in my life always got jobs through word of mouth:D..gonna be fun makeing one this week:D..yea garda clearance this week would be the right thing to do iam gona get mine also:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

I am the same getting garda clearance organise this week too, As far as i can see and read so far you fill out everything they ask send it over and if they accept you you pay the fee this is a good blog has every thing you need to know http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=171

Great Link slim1919 cheers:D

its helped me out i just missed out on last years thank god had FA money have allmost 5 grand now, it lets you know most things this is all so a good website http://www.moving2canada.com/

were you heading ross

Calgary Bud all goin well wbu?:D

• Advertisement

toronto shting meself heading over on me own in the same boat as you only have a year at a trade and basic IT certs so be looking to get work doing anything i can, when you heading over.

Ah not so bad yea i reckon it will be handy nuff get work i say we will meet peeps:D..whenever i get me visa i say hopefully march april wbu?

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea cv is needed i never had one in my life always got jobs through word of mouth:D..gonna be fun makeing one this week:D..yea garda clearance this week would be the right thing to do iam gona get mine also:D

CVs are a bit time consuming but worth putting time into! Get someone to help you who has experience doing them! I have quite a recent one so just a matter up updating it!

Was planing on doing the same but might leave it till mid summer try and get as much money as i can and try and get some exp in something haven worked proper in the last two years so an internship or something would look good on my cv

ladybird23 wrote: »
    CVs are a bit time consuming but worth putting time into! Get someone to help you who has experience doing them! I have quite a recent one so just a matter up updating it!

thats true you are better updating it to the canadian format before you leave so you dont have to do it over there i have heard they wont even look at your cv if its in irish format

Canadian format? I didnt realise there were different formats for each country? What is that?

If you type it in too google its just written in a differant layout:):p

Google...ofcourse!! Theres loads of different layouts for Canadian cv's! Oh well there'll be a bit of copyin and pastin into the new format, think i can handle that :)

Canadian format? I didnt realise there were different formats for each country? What is that?

this is a good website i found http://www.moving2canada.com they go throw everything you need

ladybird23 were abouts you heading

• Advertisement

slim1919 wrote: »
    this is a good website i found http://www.moving2canada.com they go throw everything you need

Perfect! Great help

slim1919 wrote: »
    ladybird23 were abouts you heading

Not 100% sure yet, Alberta is standing out at the minute! What about you?

Not 100% sure yet, Alberta is standing out at the minute! What about you?

Toronto for me you heading over with people or on your own

Going with my boyfriend, he wants to get work over there so headin with him! Albertas lookin good for his type of work ( shuttering). im a teacher but up for doing any type of work cos teaching jobs are scarce!

Going with my boyfriend, he wants to get work over there so headin with him! Albertas lookin good for his type of work ( shuttering). im a teacher but up for doing any type of work cos teaching jobs are scarce!

Thats good adlest you have someone to go with, I like toronto because of the US cities it close to plan on seeing a good bit while i am there

I couldnt go it alone, too scary :) Going out to make a bit of money and hopefully see about us a bit, I hear theres some amazing places to see in Canada! Will be an experiecne if nothing else

I couldnt go it alone, too scary :) Going out to make a bit of money and hopefully see about us a bit, I hear theres some amazing places to see in Canada! Will be an experiecne if nothing else

yes i am shting myself every few days i change my mide ha But the experiecne is probably the main reason i am going beats siting at home doing nothing getting the dole

this is a good facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/293814990664354/ if you have any questions just ask and someone will help

• Registered Users Posts: 8 edie s

hey slim thanks for that link! :) im heading over on my own aswel, it is fairly nerve racking alright!

ye ladybird im the same, the forums are great but i've read a few where people are freaking out and its after panicking me!

fingers crossed it goes well for us all!! :)

• Advertisement

edie s wrote: »
    hey slim thanks for that link! :) im heading over on my own aswel, it is fairly nerve racking alright!

ye ladybird im the same, the forums are great but i've read a few where people are freaking out and its after panicking me!

fingers crossed it goes well for us all!! :)

Were you thinking about going and when

Advertisement