Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea Vs Liverpool 25.11.12 KO 1:30pm (Sky Sports 1)

• 24-11-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

gIDfk.jpg

Brendan Rodgers returns to Swansea City as an opposing manager for the first time when he takes Liverpool to Liberty Stadium on Sunday lunchtime.

The former Swans boss swapped Wales for Merseyside in the summer after accepting the offer to succeed Kenny Dalglish at Anfield.

Rodgers is expected to receive a warm welcome having guided Swansea up through the Football League and finishing 11th in the Premier League last season.

But Michael Laudrup has continued the good work of his predecessor and will want another win over Liverpool after knocking them out of the Capital One Cup in October.

Swansea currently sit one point and one place above their weekend visitors in the league and so will be determined to build on their impressive win at Newcastle United last weekend.

But Liverpool will kick-off in Wales on a seven-game unbeaten run in the league in the wake of last Saturday's victory over Wigan Athletic

Venue Liberty Stadium, Sunday 1.30pm

Tickets Sold out

Last season Swansea 1 Liverpool 0

Referee Jon Moss

This season's matches 6 Y22, R1, 3.83 cards per game

Odds Swansea 13-5 Liverpool 11-10 Draw 12-5
    Swansea-City-v-Liverpool-001.jpg
    (Swansea City v Liverpool: Probable starters in bold, contenders in light)

Swansea

Subs from Cornell, Bartley, Graham, Routledge, Monk, Shechter, Moore, Tiendalli, Situ, Agustien, Gower, Richards

Doubtful Bartley (thigh), Davies (illness), Graham (illness), Moore (illness)

Injured Vorm (groin, 8 Dec), Taylor (ankle, May)

Suspended None

Form guide WDDLWD

Disciplinary record Y26 R2

Leading scorer Michu 7

Liverpool

Subs from Doni, Jones, Cole, Assaidi, Pacheco, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Coady, Yesil, Wisdom, Flanagan, Robinson, Morgan

Doubtful Wisdom (knee)

Injured Lucas (thigh, 28 Nov), Borini (foot, Jan), Kelly (knee, Mar)

Suspended None

Form guide WDDDWD

Disciplinary record Y17 R2

Leading scorer Suárez 10

Match pointers

• Only Manchester City have lost fewer away games than Liverpool this season

• Swansea had failed to score in their previous five games against Liverpool before beating them 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium last season

• Liverpool have kept only one clean sheet in their past 12 top-flight away matches

• If selected, Ashley Williams will be making his 50th Premier League appearance

• If Luis Suárez continues scoring at his current rate he will become only the third Liverpool player to score 20 or more Premier League goals in a season after Robbie Fowler (1994-95) and Fernando Torres (2007-08)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Working on the fact that Suarez seems to be more effective away (Wigan an exception)
    and Ashley Williams has made himself a target for the Premier Leagues Premier Panto Villain
    I see a narrow win for Liverpool, 1-2 sort of thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Away win , 1-2 Suarez and Skittles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Fck me Luckycharms that picture you have is pretty impressive. I literally can't draw a matchstick man using MS Paint (if they still have MS Paint..it was too complicated for me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need a win before facing Spurs
    Thought Enrique would continue on left of midfield in a 4-4-2

I'd go with

_________Reina______

Wisdom_Skrtel_Agger_Johnson

__________Allen___________

Sterling___Gerrard__Enrique__

__________Suso__________

_________Suarez__________

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Away win , 1-2 Suarez and Skittles.

We are away?....but the match thread has us at home, wtf?

For some reason I can see Liverpool winning this 3-2, Suarez, Allen, and Skrtel to score. Number 21 to get one for Swansea, and some guy with a 6 as part of his number to get the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lucky does the match thread we lose.

/thread.

:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We are away?....but the match thread has us at home, wtf?

Should be Swansea v Liverpool but it clearly says it is on at the liberties...anyway...away win.... 3 pts and no injuries/suspensions and I'll be very happy.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Should be Swansea v Liverpool but it clearly says it is on at the liberties...anyway...away win.... 3 pts and no injuries/suspensions and I'll be very happy.

I just like taking the p*ss out of LuckyCharms' match threads.:D

I just like taking the p*ss out of LuckyCharms' match threads.:D

Ah, so I just added to it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ah balls. I gotta change it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lucky gets a raw deal with the match thread thing. I checked there and in his 12 Liverpool match threads there has been:

5 wins (Leverkusen, Hearts, Norwich, Anzhi, Wigan)
    5 draws (Man City, Hearts, Sunderland, Everton, Newcastle)
    2 losses (West Brom, Arsenal).

Not a bad record considering our form

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Lucky gets a raw deal with the match thread thing. I checked there and in his 12 Liverpool match threads there has been:

5 wins (Leverkusen, Hearts, Norwich, Anzhi, Wigan)
    5 draws (Man City, Hearts, Sunderland, Everton, Newcastle)
    2 losses (West Brom, Arsenal).

Not a bad record considering our form

True, but the real question here is why are the sponsors backwards on the Swansea jerseys?

*Edit: I can't believe you changed that again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

2-1 Swansea ... despite being a man down (according to the graphic in OP) ;)

RayCon wrote: »
    2-1 Swansea ... despite being a man down (according to the graphic in OP) ;)

Swansea only deserve 2 players put in :D

True, but the real question here is why are the sponsors backwards on the Swansea jerseys?

*Edit: I can't believe you changed that again. :D

OCD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Big game today for liverpool. Be nice to take a win and go confidently into Wednesday night's match at Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

****ing Downing starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Super-Rush wrote: »
    ****ing Downing starts.

Downing. Jaysus.

Pepe, agger, skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, hendo, Allen, Gerrard, downing, sterling, suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Clever move from Rod'gers. Pretend to Wenger that he's first team material.

Sahin's loan isn't working out too well.

• Advertisement

Delighted Henderson gets a start. Well deserved and should give our midfield better balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Clever move from Rod'gers. Pretend to Wenger that he's first team material.

Sahin's loan isn't working out too well.

Will prob start against Spurs on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tbf hendo deserves a start! Weve a **** load of games coming up so squad rotation is essential

Sahin played Thursday night don't forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Sahin played Thursday night don't forget.

So did Downing, Henderson, Reina and Skrtel but they're all starting.

It was more of a general observation anyway, he hasn't lived up to his ability or the expectation I think it's fair to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Downing might be playing LB (Though I don't see why Robinson couldn't) as Glen has moved to RB with Wisdom's injury.

G.K. wrote: »
    Downing might be playing LB (Though I don't see why Robinson couldn't) as Glen has moved to RB with Wisdom's injury.

What I've read is that Robinson isn't physically up to PL football at the moment. Don't know how true that is

Could be Downing at LB with Enrique the attack left which would feel like a slap in the face with a big wet fish for Stu!

Subs: Jones, Carragher, Coates, Suso, Shelvey, Cole, Sahin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'm a little confused by a couple of those selections but lets see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What I've read is that Robinson isn't physically up to PL football at the moment. Don't know how true that is

Is there something wrong with him? An illness or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Leiva wrote: »
    I'm a little confused by a couple of those selections but lets see.

Me too but I'm wondering is there a bit of a two-match plan in place here? One thing I like about Rodgers so far is he doesn't seem to do things with no rhyme or reason - whether he's right or not is a different matter.

I don't know.

I got the impression that it was a fitness thing. He is still only a teenager and has had a lot of injuries.

Also, I think just because 3 of our players have broken through this season everyone is expecting more to follow quickly. It's possible the manager doesn't think Robinson is ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Do you reckon the fact that Rodgers used to manage Swansea and is familiar with their players gives Liverpool an advantage here? Or do you think it makes feck all difference once a new manager comes in and starts changing the tactics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hes pretty small and would be easily outnmuscled, its all grand to throw a young lad in midfield or up front, just tell him to go for it, throw a young lad in defence and could get minced and really knock his confidence

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So did Downing, Henderson, Reina and Skrtel but they're all starting.

It was more of a general observation anyway, he hasn't lived up to his ability or the expectation I think it's fair to say.

Sahin has done ok so far. Still getting up to speed in a new club in a new league and he did play very little football last year. I think he will get much better when Lucas comes back and he won't have to play so far back.

On the Robinson thing, he played 90 minutes on Friday so he was never going to play today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Do you reckon the fact that Rodgers used to manage Swansea and is familiar with their players gives Liverpool an advantage here? Or do you think it makes feck all difference once a new manager comes in and starts changing the tactics?

I always like to think that it makes a difference and besides the players under BR in Swansea will also want to prove that they are better and stronger without him so it kinda cancels each other out.

Hopefully BR has a good plan and knows some weaknesses that we can exploit. Starting with Hendo and Downing is interesting. Eyes are on Spurs too of course.

Downing and Enrique on left side. Most assuming that Downing is the LB. The LB becomes the winger and the winger becomes the LB!

Niall Quinn! Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sky trying to build up a Suarez Handshake incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Niall Quinn! Awesome!

He'd kill your soul that man.

• Advertisement

Touchy feely!

Handy shaky!

Wtf is Carragher doing with his phone?

Carra had an iPhone out taking a picture there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sky trying to build up a Suarez Handshake incident.

I know. Are we gonna have to put up with this **** every time Suarez is up against a black player? FFS.

Jamie is mad into the camera, preparing for management and coaching already??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mike65 wrote: »
    Touchy feely!

Handy shaky!

Yes....he's very tactile.....not allowed in this post Jimmy Savile era!

I know. Are we gonna have to put up with this **** every time Suarez is up against a black player? FFS.

Ya hate that crap. Stupid media crap.

Its not because Williams is black its because he was mouthing off about Suarez midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The co commentator on my stream just said Enrique is a real goal threat when he cuts in on his right hand side.

Dear Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nothing to do with skin colour the Swansea player calling him a cheat and a diver

• Advertisement
Advertisement