Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yildiz shotguns

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

just throwing this out there. A friend starting off is looking at an o/u yildiz as a first gun .Dont know much about these myself so looking for a few opinions on them. All views welcome,reliability ,handling and anything else worth knowing would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

just throwing this out there. A friend starting off is looking at an o/u yildiz as a first gun .Dont know much about these myself so looking for a few opinions on them. All views welcome,reliability ,handling and anything else worth knowing would be helpful.

I've been told by my brother's my father and my uncle to stay away from them because they kick like a mule apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭owelfisherman

2 words STAY AWAY!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cork shooter

what can he expect if he buys one ? a baikel is the other option .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭owelfisherman

baikil are a nicer gun alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

I had one had chokes ejectors and was a nice gun was pretty light aswell never let me down. Only changed because i wanted a semi auto....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Not a bad gun for their price, reliable and nicely balanced, but a nice kick from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

they handle well, shoot well, look well are cheap and light for game shooting but any heavy use and the thing will fall apart in this i mean if your shooting pheasants a couple of times a week for 3 months of the year it will last ya but forget about pigeons or clays id recomend a lumar or baikel cheap reliable and made of far better stuff than the yildiz as said earlier "stay away"

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

2 lads i know had yildiz, both gun's gave trouble,, spend your money on a second hand gun of better make, baikel wont brake they are a true work horse prob a bit heavy tho for a lot of walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

should mention i recently got a brand new lanber 790 euro and i love the thing. the uncle got an ultra light and id pic me lanber over it and not much weight difference maybe half a lb . ya would get a second hand one as cheap as a yildiz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Baikal, Lanber, a good second hand European S/S for even less but I personally will not buy a Turkish made shotgun in my lifetime. One particular Turkish made semi-auto that looked like a good deal cured me forever, I suppose a fresh crap can look solid and shiny from a distance as well....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Baikal, Lanber, a good second hand European S/S for even less but I personally will not buy a Turkish made shotgun in my lifetime. One particular Turkish made semi-auto that looked like a good deal cured me forever, I suppose a fresh crap can look solid and shiny from a distance as well....

The trouble is a lot of manufacturers are having guns or major components of their guns made in turkey , and there is no way of telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

One of the lads out of the club bought one this summer, very light gun but kicks like a mule and I'm no light wieght. Other chap has a lanber sporter, beautiful fit for a short armed round shoulder ape like me. Heard the same bad news about the Yildiz longevity if used on clays etc.

Advertisement