Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best feriliser:Miracle Gro vs osmocolote

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

is osmocolote better than miracle grow in terms of how big the plants will eventually grow.Would using them together with a concentration of four spoons of miracle gro mixed in 10litres of water be safe for the plant and enhance results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Following the instructions on product packaging is good advice. Overfeeding is counter -productive, waste of money and can also damage plants.

But Miracle grow is easy, popular, successful, readily available and reasonably priced.

If you want to use steroid feeding, try tomatoe feeds. Not recommended over the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

they ratio of nitorgen to phosphorous is very high for both of them (osmo 14-13-13 and miracle 24-8-16)so am i better off getting a fertiliser that is mainly phosphorous based?
    Ive already planted the flowers with osmocote and they should spring up in about four months time at which point 4 out of six months of the osmocotes lifespan should be used up.Should I buy and start using the phosphorous fertilisers on them now or wait for them to bud?
    I can probably use the miracle gro on some other non flowering plants(eg heather) I have on this rocky front to my house(the soils thin there so they need everything they can get)

Advertisement