Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TRADE] Boxed PS3 - Launch Model 60GB - CFW

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

For trade, is a fully boxed, mint condition PS3. Its the launch model, so has the PS2 compatibility, & is also running a 3.55 custom firmware. I have it listed elsewhere for €250, so if it sells it sells, otherwise I'm happy to trade it for something. Trade for what? I dunno, whaddayagot? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Would that CFW allow HDD game booting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Would that CFW allow HDD game booting?

You can run games from internal/external hard drive
    Dump your own games
    Media applications
    Emulators
    Play backup PS1/PS2 discs etc etc

All the usual stuff you'd expect from a console running a cfw :)

Master of the Universe

Any interest in an A1200? Remember that one you did the cap kit on? It's in really lovely condition.

Has 8Mb fast ram so can load from the flash drive. Comes with a mouse and an RGB cable. Cost me about €350 in total.

Really loved it, but the compact flash card got corrupted for some reason and I tried to reinstall workbench but failed. Don't really have the time to invest in getting it up and running again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any interest in an A1200? Remember that one you did the cap kit on? It's in really lovely condition.

Has 8Mb fast ram so can load from the flash drive. Comes with a mouse and an RGB cable. Cost me about €350 in total.

Really loved it, but the compact flash card got corrupted for some reason and I tried to reinstall workbench but failed. Don't really have the time to invest in getting it up and running again.

A very tempting offer for sure man, but I really don't have the room for a Mig/Mouse setup in the games room. It's literally full at this stage. Plus if there's an issue with the hdd on it it'll end up costing me that which I do not have....money :(

Thanks though

Master of the Universe

The HDD itself is just a compact flash card. Nothing is broken, it's 100% fine hardware wise. All that happened is the workbench installation got corrupted (Some startup file went missing :( ).

It just needs workbench installed on the compact flash card again. (which you can do via the WinUAE emulator)

No worries, it does require a good bit of space to set up!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement