Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net book memory

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung N130 . It has 2 local disks/hard drives called C and D.
    At the moment 66.9 GB of C is being used leaving only 2.1 GB free. None of D is being used !!!
    Is there anyway I can change this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Move some of your files to the D drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

mp22 wrote: »
    Move some of your files to the D drive.
    If I move my user profile and all associated files will they be saved on D from then on?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

km79 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung N130 . It has 2 local disks/hard drives called C and D.
    At the moment 66.9 GB of C is being used leaving only 2.1 GB free. None of D is being used !!!
    Is there anyway I can change this ?

yes there is 3 ways to do it

1. (the long and hard way) back up everything then using your windows disk delete both partitions and reformat as one larger partition then reinstalled windows + everything else

2. (the quick way) backup everything then get partition magic installed and delete the "D partition" and then open partition magic and increase the size of the "c partition"

3. (the quickest way) download software called "Bart PE with norton ghost" burn it to a dvd, reboot with dvd in your drive, then back up your computer in one go by making a disk image of your c drive onto an external drive then using bart pe's disk tools delete both partitions and create one new single partition and format it... then restore your disk image from your external drive to the newly formatted c drive. reboot and bob is your uncle and fanny is your aunt :)

Advertisement