Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Library

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Are you allowed to study in the national library?

I havent been in there for years.

But will be in Dublin for a few days next week and need to study somewhere. Is it ok to go to the reading room there even though you are not consulting their resources?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

TBH I'm not sure if you can. Try the Public Library in the Ilac Centre, thats probably a better bet

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

It's fine to study in there. I use the reading room all the time but don't always use the resources. You'll probably need to get a readers card though, even if you're not planning to view any texts, manuscripts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

You will need a reader's card, bring ID and a couple of passport photos and they will issue one straight away. Enjoy, it's a great place to study

Advertisement