Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Options
  • 24-11-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."- Ursula Le Guin

Have been thinking about this for a while and I think it’s time to bite the bullet! Really enjoy the other training logs on here and love looking back on how people have got to where they are today. So hopefully I can add to the fun too. This should help me stay in line and maybe even look back on how it all came to be in years to come!

About me

I’m 26, working an office job 9-5 so the running is a great way to get out for some fresh air and keep the body moving and the brain sane!:)

Running Background

Up to July this year I was a pretty casual runner. Done my first 10k in 2008 with no training for a charity thing. Think I done it in about 50-55mins then I forgot about running for another few years.

In 2011 I was signed up for the Dingle Half-Marathon in September. This at the time as I saw it, was a huge mountain to climb and would be a huge achievement. I trained for about 2 months over the summer, no structure at all, just go out and run twice a week and creep up to the distance. On the day I ran it in 1:45 which I was delighted with. I then got a bit mad and ran the Kilkenny Half (1:38) 2 weeks later and the Galway Half (1:40) two weeks after that! If I knew then what I know now!:rolleyes:

Then I gave up until May this year and ran Stoneyford 10km (44:30) with about 3-4 training runs.

Went to the Euros in Poland in June and after an almighty session I came back wrecked with nothing achieved and decided I would make myself useful and set a real goal, the Dublin Marathon. I can’t remember how I found it, but I came across the Mentored Novice Thread and I count myself as one of the lucky ones, it was an absolute gift and would have been lost without it.

And so what started as my first real structured plan, 18 weeks of good, bad, easy and TOUGH runs but it was half the battle with a great group of novices and mentors with me every step of the way.

3 races during the plan included Piltown 10km (42:30), Athlone ‘flatline’ Half-Marathon (1:32:29) and Athlone ¾ Marathon (2:39:30).

4 months and 435 miles later I ran my first marathon last month in 3:29:20. One of the best days I have ever experienced and the crowds I will never forget. Some buzz.

This leads me nicely to the thread title, it’s time to move forward faster. Up to 5 months ago running was a casual ‘whenever I feel like it’ kind of gig. If I achieved those times doing a half arsed job at it, I asked myself the question; what can I achieve if I give this running a real go?

The year ahead...

So I’m currently winding down for 2012 and the sights are set for 2013.This will probably be updated as I go on but at the moment my plan for next year is 3 Marathons and a couple halfs and 10kms that fit the schedule in between. Going working in the US for a while in 2013 also so this might be subject to change.

• January: Dungarvan 10 mile
    • March: Meath Spring Half Marathon
    • April: Rotterdam Marathon (goal race)
    • June: Half Marathon
    • September: Chicago Half Marathon
    • October: Chicago Marathon (goal race)
    • October: Dublin Marathon (easy pace)
    Personal Bests vs. Targets for 2013

So I’m planning on focusing on the Half Marathon and Marathon distance but hopefully the shorter race targets will be hit along the way. They are a bit aggressive but sure that’s the fun of it!

Distance|PB|Target
    5km|19:31|18:29
    10km|42:30|38:59
    Half Marathon|1:32:29|1:26:59
    Marathon|3:29:20|3:09:59
    Finally...

I have found boards to be an absolutely vital source of information and guidance and I don’t think I would have got to the start line in Dublin without it. I’m looking forward to getting even more great advice and guidance from the greater gods on here throughout this log. I’m all ears!:D

So, next year I’m going to give it a real lash. If I achieve things, great, if not, so be it. One thing is for sure though it will be a great adventure, hope you join me to enjoy the ride! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck with the log J, targets well within your capabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Cool :D You'll be kept busy next year with all that lot:D:D

Best of luck tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

So I have 2 races to finish off the year. RNLI 5km Reindeer Run tomorrow and the Waterford HM next Saturday.

Hopefully the marathon training will stand to me for both of these.

The race tomorrow is my first 5km race so it should be interesting to see how it goes.

I'd be happy with a sub 20 but even happier with sub 19:30! :)

Shall report back on the outcome tomorrow! One this is for sure though after just checking the weather...I'm going to get wet!

Sunday 25th November

RNLI Reindeer Run 5km, Cork

5km Time: 19:31
    Average Pace:
    6.17 /mile
    Result:
    Third Place

So I’m satisfied and disappointed with today all at the same time! I’ll tell the tale and it might explain why!:confused:

It was absolutely bucketing down here this morning and was getting soaked even before the start! It was horrendous. The downpour lasted throughout the race.:eek:

The 10km race was off at 11am and then it was followed by us in the 5km at 12 (this would be a factor later). As I mingled around the start there were about 70-80 people taking part in the 5k. I looked around at the profile of the people there I felt I might have actual shot of a good result at this, so lined up at the front and it looked as if there were about 5 or 6 actual contenders.

Off we went and I found myself at the front pretty fast (weird!!), I had started off too fast and I knew I had (inexperience at 5km distance! :o) so I started to ease off a bit but still found myself at the front with half a mile gone, I was then coming up on a steward in the middle of the road and he was just standing there saying nothing. As I passed him going fast enough he says to turn around way too late, I was past him at this stage and by the time I recovered two lads behind me had heard it as they were approaching and had turned and were now ahead of me, this I was not impressed with and I lost my rhythm a bit(we were told the stewards would direct us on the course). Anyway, I sauntered on and sat behind the two front lads as I knew I was still out a bit fast. At this stage the three of us had a gap of about 150m so it looked like it was just us contending as I past 1 mile in 6:09.

No positions changed for the next mile or so as I still remained about 10m behind the 2 lads. However at the halfway mark the surface changed from tarmac to trail and this remained for the rest of the race. Now as the 10km race had gone before and it had been lashing rain all morning, this trail was more like a few inches of mud, it was very dodgy in places so it caused me to slow. Second mile went in 6:13.

The third mile was relatively uneventful apart from almost slipping a couple of times. It was a bit uphill also and at this stage I was feeling it. With about 0.4 of a mile to go (or so I thought) the lads picked it up a bit and I was caught off guard but at the same time my pace was slowing. We rounded the corner and I was very surprised to see the finish just ahead, the three of us sprinted and I crossed the line in third place about 4 seconds behind the two lads. On the sprint I knew the course was going to be short, it was 2.97 miles. Wanting to get an actual 5k time, I ran on once I crossed the finish line until I made 3.1 miles but my pace slowed significantly as I tried to find a place to run while passing walkers! I must have looked like a right fool running on after the finish!:rolleyes: I ended up in a muddy car park before I hit the 5km in 19.31 with the third mile being 6:27.

Immediately after I was a bit annoyed that the steward didn’t shout to do a U turn as I approached (I do appreciate them volunteering though on a horrible day!!) and also that the course was short. But as the minutes past I let it go because it was just an aul Sunday morning run and it’s not as if it was a goal race or anything.

The reason for the bit of disappointment has nothing to do with the fact that I didn’t win it, but more that I now know I had a low 19 in me today had conditions allowed and the course being short took a few seconds off my time also.

That said I’m satisfied with the time as a first 5km and I know I should break it at the next 5km outing as it can’t get any worse as it was today!

Next up, Waterford on Saturday!

Hard luck, you can live with it when its your mistake, steward didn't do his job. Its the year of the badly measured race it seems to. You now know you have sub 19.30 easy in your legs, next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Savage running all the same in those conditions. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself.....first 5k, weather, slippy course etc etc :D

Savage running all the same in those conditions. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself.....first 5k, weather, slippy course etc etc :D

Probably a small bit alright, but I hate leaving some out there! Ah well, I only have a few days to wait before I can rectify it in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Great Racing Blockic. 5ks are all about experience and I am sure you have learned a lot today that will help you in your next one.

By the way can i please direct your attention to this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056500252
    You now qualify for one of the 'Big 10'. Hopefully next week you can add in a second entry ;)

Cheers meno, I did learn a hell of a lot today alright! Will try smash that time the next day out!

Haha, nice one for the link, I get to add myself to a table with Krusty in it, I'm honoured! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

blockic wrote: »
    Sunday 25th November

5km Time: 19:31
    Average Pace: 6.17 /mile
    Result: Third Place

Great stuff J. I sense that next year is going to be quite a year for you.

I'd struggle to come 3rd in a race with only 2 other people in it:D

I shall be following your progress with great interest. The very best of luck.

• Advertisement

upthe19th wrote: »
    Great stuff J. I sense that next year is going to be quite a year for you.

I'd struggle to come 3rd in a race with only 2 other people in it:D

I shall be following your progress with great interest. The very best of luck.

Cheers upthe19th. If only it was that easy! Some hard graft will have to go in the next few months if I want to see any of those numbers above!

Hopefully see you Saturday in Waterford, we should organise a location for after the race. Will throw it over in the 2012 DCM class thread.

How's the garmin going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congratulations on a super run in those conditions, I'm sure people did think you were a little crazy running on after the finish:D
    Very, very best of luck in Waterford on Sunday, I'm predicting a great result:)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Super 5k race there fella. Considering all the sh1t, that was a great time. Can see that sub 90 h/m getting a good going over. And competing for a top 3 finish. I hope they brought out the podium and held a medal ceremony.

Best of luck on Saturday. Looking forward to reading up on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

That has to be one of the funniest race reports ever (even though you probably don't mean it to be) Finishing off a la Forrest Gump :D

Subscribed to this thread for the long haul now. :)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congratulations on a super run in those conditions, I'm sure people did think you were a little crazy running on after the finish:D
    Very, very best of luck in Waterford on Sunday, I'm predicting a great result:)

Thanks MS, Well done on your marathon PB, loved the race report!
    guinang wrote: »
    Super 5k race there fella. Considering all the sh1t, that was a great time. Can see that sub 90 h/m getting a good going over. And competing for a top 3 finish. I hope they brought out the podium and held a medal ceremony.

Best of luck on Saturday. Looking forward to reading up on it..

Haha, nice one, I ran straight past the organisers at the finish so must have missed the podium, no sign of it when I walked back! :D
    That has to be one of the funniest race reports ever (even though you probably don't mean it to be) Finishing off a la Forrest Gump :D

Subscribed to this thread for the long haul now. :)

Good stuff! Looking back at it now it was pretty funny actually! No way was I getting soaked to run 4.8k though. I wanted the full 5!!

Hope that leg hurrys on and sorts itself out for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

That's a savage time blockic, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

On the sprint I knew the course was going to be short, it was 2.97 miles.

We'd be in trouble if it really was the capital ;) Well done on the time and 3rd place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Congrats on the 3rd place.

You've put up some pretty decent times off little training. I'll be following this with interest.

Cheers upthe19th. If only it was that easy! Some hard graft will have to go in the next few months if I want to see any of those numbers above!

Hopefully see you Saturday in Waterford, we should organise a location for after the race. Will throw it over in the 2012 DCM class thread.

How's the garmin going?

Definitely meet up on saturday at some stage.

Garmin is savage. Love the 205. The battery is still excellent even though it is second hand. Finding it great for the pacing...I've never had such good groupings on my times with such little effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Good luck with the log I'm sure it have lots of interest.

and great 5k run, defo being way too hard on yourself, a massive 5K in your future

Shorter term all the best in Waterford, hopefully better weather and I reckon you'll nail it.

• Advertisement

So I have really just been ticking over this week to get me to the Waterford Half. From next week until my first 2013 race on the last week in January will be when the real tough work will be done in providing a base for what awaits next year.

Monday
    Core Strengthening & Flexibility

Class 2/6
    I’ve started going to a core strengthening class every Monday in the local Yoga school. So far so good. The class mixes yoga, Pilates and core work. My plan is to do this in addition to my own core strength work. Will do two additional sessions per week on top of this class. I’m kind of winging my own one at the moment. Need to put a solid plan together soon. I can confirm though that I am not flexible at all!:)

Tuesday
    3 miles easy / 8:31 average pace

Was kind of dreading this one with the freezing cold evening but once I warmed up I actually enjoyed it. I’d better get used to it now for the next few months, as up to now winter running in the cold for me was non-existent!! Calves were a bit stiff for the last mile, probably still a bit tight from Sunday.

Wednesday
    4 miles easy with pyramid stride / 8:15 average pace

Always do my midweek runs straight after I get in from work. If I sit down when I get in, I know I won’t get back up so it was straight in the door and out again. For those who don’t already know I’m not a morning person so evenings are the only way to go. I did try 7am starts to get in a run before work a few times but my snooze button went into overdrive.:D I’ve given up on it now (for the moment). Anyway this run went fine and the pyramid stride (20,40,60,40,20 seconds) just woke the legs up a bit to make them realise there is a race coming up! The local river walk was icy in parts so had to watch where I was going. Need to invest in a head torch I think.

Stride pace splits were: 6:01, 6:10, 6:09, 6:05, 5:42.

Got a bit excited on the last one by the looks of it!

Core Strengthening

After I came back I did a few minutes of core work which included:
    3 minute (20 position) plank
    20 Lunges (10 each leg)
    Few Down Dogs and Camels
    Hip Openers (4 X 30 seconds)
    10 bridges (5 pulses each rep)

Was wrecked after so proceeded to scoff my first mince pies of the season to undo all the work. Tasty though! :)

Thursday
    2 miles recovery / 9:21 average pace

Nothing exciting here, but did smell dog sh!t from about half a mile in until the end. We all know what that means!! :rolleyes: Will have to get the scrubber out later. Done some foam rolling then for about 10 mins.

Also registered for the Dungarvan 10 mile tonight which is on the 27th January, will be my first 10mile race so not sure what kind of target time I should be setting here. Will look at it closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Much luck tomorrow blockic. Look forward to your report.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

For those who don’t already know I’m not a morning person so evenings are the only way to go. I did try 7am starts to get in a run before work a few times but my snooze button went into overdrive.:D I’ve given up on it now (for the moment).

Going to have to work harder on that blockic, just think to yourself when the alarm goes off "What would the Clown Do" :D. The reason I mention "Clown" is because I recently seen in an old thread (gotta love Boards old threads) that a certain boardsie who needs no introduction finished his first marathon a few years ago sub 3:30 like yourself.

Now I wouldnt want to be putting any undue pressure on you to match his level since then. But I would be expecting say in 12 months time that if I need to know how to do something with my garmin that you will have the answer :D.
    Was wrecked after so proceeded to scoff my first mince pies of the season to undo all the work. Tasty though! :)

Mmmm mince pies!!

Best of luck in the morning Blockic, looking forward to buying you that pint!!

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Now I wouldnt want to be putting any undue pressure on you to match his level since then. But I would be expecting say in 12 months time that if I need to know how to do something with my garmin that you will have the answer :D.

Haha, brilliant!
    tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck in the morning Blockic, looking forward to buying you that pint!!

Nice one, I wouldn't go counting your coppers just yet! When the going gets tough I'll think of that pint though!!

Friday
    Rest :D

So the plan for tomorrow is to go out at 6:50 pace for the first 6 miles, on the uphill section I might lose a bit of time but will keep as close as possible to the pace. Then If I am behind target, miles 9-13 are downhill and flat so will aim to make up any lost time on the home stretch.

Going to follow the 1.30 pacers but if i notice they are going out fast to bank some time for the hills I will leave them go and settle into my own pace.

So that's the plan, however like most other races it's very likely I could change my mind on the start line :rolleyes::)

We'll wait and see! Catch ye all on the other side!

Saturday 1st December

Waterford Half Marathon

Chip Time: 1:28:34 - New PB! :D
    Average Pace: 6.47/mile
    Result: 123/1381

So today made up for last Sunday, that’s for sure!:)

All week I didn’t really have the mojo for today’s race. Doubting that having run a 1:32 on a flat course in September, my legs would not have it in them for the significant hills on today’s course. Well I don’t know why I was so negative after today. Guess I have always been a pessimistic person!:rolleyes:

So arrived this morning, parked up and jogged to Woodies arriving at around 10.15 with my big illuminous orange hat beacon for calling all boardsies! First spotted FiiFii walking towards me as we had met in Pheonix Park for a run a few weeks back, She had walked from the train station :eek: so she was all warmed up! Next docjewel came over so my hat was working!:) career_move then bounced towards us full of energy as usual! Where chatting away for a few minutes hoping for others to arrive and we were looking around for Killian. CM bounced off (CM never walks, she bounces) on a mission to find him but to no avail but then arrived back with coalshed. So half successful!

FiiFii and docjewel went off to drop bags and the rest headed to the start. After a small jog, toilet break and then a stretch I proceeded into the 1:30 block for the start in with all the elites, thought I was well out of my depth! Spotted a boards shirt! So I headed on over where I introduced myself, It turned out to be opus! Soon the gun went off and we were on our way.

The first mile was slow as it was a bit bunched and I tucked in with the 1:30 pacers (who were excellent throughout), soon we settled into the pace of things. For the first 3 miles my calves were shouting and I was like no way can I keep this up for 13 miles if they stay like this, I kept saying “relax though discomfort” and “a satisfying pain” from tunguska’s post that meno posted in the DCM 2012 class thread a couple of days ago (used this a few times today and found it excellent, thanks tunguska!:)). After the third mile they eased off so obviously just needed warming up! First 6 miles went smooth. No chatting really, just focus and silence. I was feeling comfortable.

Soon we done the turn back towards Waterford at Tramore and the start of the hills. Surprisingly I was comfortable for them all as they were far from easy! I sat in front of the pacers for a mile or so and I wanted a bit of space but then sat back in with them again as there was a bit of a head wind so I opted for some shelter from the group. Feeling comfortable at mile 8 I started planning when I would kick on as miles 9 to the finish were downhill/flat but I was afraid I would burn out before the end if I kicked on. I opted to kick on at the 10 mile marker, I thanked the pacers and I was off! Sat in with a couple of lads and one guy said “going for a sub 1:29?” I was like “sure why not!” as I was still feeling fine! At this point I was thinking of tang1’s pint, was not leave it slip from my grasp at this point!:P

For half a mile in mile 11 I slowed slightly just to give the legs a breather before the final push! Once I entered the nature park I kicked on for home. There were a few sneaky sharp rises that I did not expect but powered through them anyway. Rounded the last corner and finished really strong. Glanced at the clock and was delighted!:D

I felt grand after so the is more there that must be tapped into next year!! I then went back along the course to cheer CM home and she destroyed her target of 1:40! Super! Then had a quick chat with docjewel (who I missed coming in but saw him in the finish area) who had also done a super time and then FiiFii arrived with another PB! PBs all over the place, and it wasn’t the easiest of courses!

Had a chat with docjewel and FiiFii then in the hall after about the day and was great to catch up and put more faces to people on here.
    Massive spread of food after and big congrats to Waterford AC on an excellently organised race, they even sorted the perfect weather for it too! The cookies were unreal!!!

Disappointed I didn’t get a chance to see Dilbert, upthe19th (how did I miss ye? was chatting to CM at the finish) and Killian to name a few but sure next time! Brilliant races by everyone and a great finish to 2012.

Came home and just uploaded my garmin. I was pleasantly surprised that I also had a 10k (41:43) and 10 mile (1:07:16) PB today! Three PBs in one run, not bad going.:)

So, striving for a big year next year for me. Looks like I may have to adjust some of my targets after today!

Now tang1, need to organise a time and place for that pint!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Congrats Blockic - Delighted for you mate.

Saturday 1st December

Waterford Half Marathon

So today made up for last Sunday, that’s for sure!:)

All week I didn’t really have the mojo for today’s race. Doubting that having run a 1:32 on a flat course in September, my legs would not have it in them for the significant hills on today’s course. Well I don’t know why I was so negative after today. Guess I have always been a pessimistic person!:rolleyes:

So arrived this morning, parked up and jogged to Woodies arriving at around 10.15 with my big illuminous orange hat beacon for calling all boardsies! First spotted FiiFii walking towards me as we had met in Pheonix Park for a run a few weeks back, She had walked from the train station :eek: so she was all warmed up! Next docjewel came over so my hat was working!:) career_move then bounced towards us full of energy as usual! Where chatting away for a few minutes hoping for others to arrive and we were looking around for Killian. CM bounced off (CM never walks, she bounces) on a mission to find him but to no avail but then arrived back with coalshed. So half successful!

FiiFii and docjewel went off to drop bags and the rest headed to the start. After a small jog, toilet break and then a stretch I proceeded into the 1:30 block for the start in with all the elites, thought I was well out of my depth! Spotted a boards shirt! So I headed on over where I introduced myself, It turned out to be opus! Soon the gun went off and we were on our way.

The first mile was slow as it was a bit bunched and I tucked in with the 1:30 pacers (who were excellent throughout), soon we settled into the pace of things. For the first 3 miles my calves were shouting and I was like no way can I keep this up for 13 miles if they stay like this, I kept saying “relax though discomfort” and “a satisfying pain” from tunguska’s post that meno posted in the DCM 2012 class thread a couple of days ago (used this a few times today and found it excellent, thanks tunguska!:)). After the third mile they eased off so obviously just needed warming up! First 6 miles went smooth. No chatting really, just focus and silence. I was feeling comfortable.

Soon we done the turn back towards Waterford at Tramore and the start of the hills. Surprisingly I was comfortable for them all as they were far from easy! I sat in front of the pacers for a mile or so and I wanted a bit of space but then sat back in with them again as there was a bit of a head wind so I opted for some shelter from the group. Feeling comfortable at mile 8 I started planning when I would kick on as miles 9 to the finish were downhill/flat but I was afraid I would burn out before the end if I kicked on. I opted to kick on at the 10 mile marker, I thanked the pacers and I was off! Sat in with a couple of lads and one guy said “going for a sub 1:29?” I was like “sure why not!” as I was still feeling fine! At this point I was thinking of tang1’s pint, was not leave it slip from my grasp at this point!:P

For half a mile in mile 11 I slowed slightly just to give the legs a breather before the final push! Once I entered the nature park I kicked on for home. There were a few sneaky sharp rises that I did not expect but powered through them anyway. Rounded the last corner and finished really strong. Glanced at the clock and was delighted!:D

I felt grand after so the is more there that must be tapped into next year!! I then went back along the course to cheer CM home and she destroyed her target of 1:40! Super! Then had a quick chat with docjewel (who I missed coming in but saw him in the finish area) who had also done a super time and then FiiFii arrived with another PB! PBs all over the place, and it wasn’t the easiest of courses!

Had a chat with docjewel and FiiFii then in the hall after about the day and was great to catch up and put more faces to people on here.
    Massive spread of food after and big congrats to Waterford AC on an excellently organised race, they even sorted the perfect weather for it too! The cookies were unreal!!!

Disappointed I didn’t get a chance to see Dilbert, upthe19th (how did I miss ye? was chatting to CM at the finish) and Killian to name a few but sure next time! Brilliant races by everyone and a great finish to 2012.

Came home and just uploaded my garmin. I was pleasantly surprised that I also had a 10k (41:43) and 10 mile (1:07:16) PB today! Three PBs in one run, not bad going.:)

So, striving for a big year next year for me. Looks like I may have to adjust some of my targets after today!

Now tang1, need to organise a time and place for that pint!:D

Sorry dude...not sure how i missed you but congrats on today...Absolutely savage stuff...you deserve an ice pack:p

• Advertisement

Saturday 1st December

Waterford Half Marathon

Now tang1, need to organise a time and place for that pint!:D[]

Serious running dude, i take my hat off to you. Gladly buy you a pint when we eventually meet. I'm considering doing the Strawberry Half in May, its kind of down your part of the world, suppose to be good PB course if your interested. Although if you do run i'll be trailing in your dust!!

Advertisement