Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Gavlor wrote: »
    you and your soft targets :cool:

Jees, you're never happy!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Just want to add my congratulations Blockic. Superb running, It's a bit scary that you can achieve what you have all on your own without being a member of a club.

Stay healthy between now and Rotterdam! That report is going to be a great read. Of that I am certain.

Monday
    4 miles recovery / 9:10 average pace

Out last night for a very verrrry slow and stiff 4 miles to get the blood flowing in the legs. My body had been telling be all about my race Sunday night and yesterday! I was like an old man (digger :pac:) shuffling around work. Well worth it though!

Tuesday
    5 miles recovery / 9:08 average pace

DOMS in the legs still meant that tonight’s planned easy paced run was changed to another recovery (why didn’t I warm down Sunday! :rolleyes:) 4 miles of grass and 1 mile on road. Legs slowly coming back together but a bit of tightness in my right calf. Icing and foam rolling is the order for the remainder of the night. Going to scrap the V02 session tomorrow night and have the easy run then. All easy runs for the remainder of the week.

So 6 weeks to R day, 3 weeks more of good training and then 3 weeks taper. I have 3 key runs during this period with them being the LSRs on the weekends. A 21 , 19 and then 22 miler to finish off the big mileage, one of which will have 14m PMP which is now 6:50! :eek: Not sure how that one is going to go but sure I’ll give it a lash! Had planned to do this PMP run this weekend but might hold the PMP miles off until next week’s LSR instead as it may be a bit too soon after the HM for it to have full effect. Will wait and see how I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Cross your left leg over your right Shin to the the required pressure when foam rolling your calf.

Enjoy ;)

Cross your left leg over your right Shin to the the required pressure when foam rolling your calf.

Enjoy ;)

:eek::eek::eek: In the horrors!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Ssssshhhhhh........there's a match on

Ssssshhhhhh........there's a match on

Are u a redsh!te???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Never. Best team in London: Spurs.

They beat Arsenal at the weekend, that right J

Really? You never mentioned? :rolleyes: Delighted with the last few minutes on the tele though!

Are u a redsh!te???

A Gooner I believe!:)....Correction...Spurs man;-)

I'm ABU tonight :D

• Advertisement

Look out for the Raheny vests in Rotterdam Blockic. Was talking to one of then tonight at the clubhouse .There's a few of them looking for sub 2:30:eek:

Never. Best team in London: Spurs.

Better dead than red!

Better dead than red!

Unless it's Anfield Red!;)

RedRunner wrote: »

Unless it's Anfield Red!;)

The mid table merseyside club??

The mid table merseyside club??

I was waiting for that...we'll be back don't worry!

RedRunner wrote: »

I was waiting for that...we'll be back don't worry!

Haha, when ye turn another corner?? That's turning into some roundabout ;)

Blockic, apologies for hijacking your thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

So you're not a United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs fan Gavlor. That leaves the Toffees or Leeds scum by my reckoning.

I'll declare my hand now by simply saying....the referee's a w@nker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

guinang wrote: »

+1 to that guinang.

I'll declare my hand now by simply saying....the referee's a [EMAIL="w@nker"]w@nker[/EMAIL]

Well all I know is that Arsenal are still in the Champions League and Utd are out. That is two years running. Says it all really:D

Right back to running! Calf is becoming an issue. Quite tight today and can feel it while walking. The bloody thing was fine after the race on Sunday. Bit of a delayed reaction!! Icing it on and off all day. Have 8 miles planned for tonight. Will take it out easy and see how it reacts. I'll cut the run short if it causes trouble. Not ideal really when I'm getting into 3 pivitol weeks of training. Hopefully it will be gone in a day or two....

A small bit of concern is creeping in...will hold off the warning lights for another bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

blockic wrote: »

Well all I know is that Arsenal are still in the Champions League and Utd are out. That is two years running. Says it all really:D

Right back to running! Calf is becoming an issue. Quite tight today and can feel it while walking. The bloody thing was fine after the race on Sunday. Bit of a delayed reaction!! Icing it on and off all day. Have 8 miles planned for tonight. Will take it out easy and see how it reacts. I'll cut the run short if it causes trouble. Not ideal really when I'm getting into 3 pivitol weeks of training. Hopefully it will be gone in a day or two....

A small bit of concern is creeping in...will hold off the warning lights for another bit..

Keep icing it and see how tonights run goes for you. Any benefit in foam rolling it?

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Keep icing it and see how tonights run goes for you. Any benefit in foam rolling it?

Foam rolled the sh!te out of it last night, fairly agonising, normally it is as smooth as a whistle. I'd say its only a minor strain. Hopefully having just easy runs this week will mean I can still carry on while the lack of intensity will mean that it will recovery with time without missing any runs. Will pull up and go to physio if it gets worse tonight though.

So you're not a United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs fan Gavlor. That leaves the Toffees or Leeds scum by my reckoning.

Yep, I'm a blue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Lads I'm feeling left out so I'm just going to bounce in here and shout YID ARMY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Yep, I'm a blue!

You don't even get stick for being a blue. Just tea and sympathy.

Who the hell in the bajayus started this footie talk! *cough* RK *cough*

Ye are only depressing me!:( Therefore, footie talk is banished from this thread until further notice!! :P:D

Futher notice = August...maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Ye are only depressing me!:( Therefore, footie talk is banished from this thread until further notice!! :P:D

4297548747_3a8b0d59db.jpg

Ah bless - he's taking the ball with him and going home in a sulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

4297548747_3a8b0d59db.jpg

Ah bless - he's taking the ball with him and going home in a sulk.

Looks far more like a Sp*rs strip than a Gooner in fairness!!:P

Let's just hope your Rotterdam "jog" doesn't turn out like arsenal..... Looks great in training but has a soft centre and folds when the going gets tough ;)

Let's just hope your Rotterdam "jog" doesn't turn out like arsenal..... Looks great in training but has a soft centre and folds when the going gets tough ;)

Oh it's on now biatch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Foam rolled the sh!te out of it last night, fairly agonising, normally it is as smooth as a whistle. I'd say its only a minor strain. Hopefully having just easy runs this week will mean I can still carry on while the lack of intensity will mean that it will recovery with time without missing any runs. Will pull up and go to physio if it gets worse tonight though.
    At this stage in your training Blockic, I’d be inclined to bite the bullet and go to the physio. Sounds like a good deep tissue massage would sort it out.

Advertisement