Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Thrilled for you J, a superb run, you've definitely put the Rotterdam Demons to rest:) You will burn up those streets in Chi-town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Great race report, you make it sound so easy! Was I running a different course???? Seriously though, well done to you, delighted Rotterdam has been well and truly put to bed now. There wasn't a bother on you afterwards, you are going to burn up the streets of Chicago!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Fair play blokic, a fine display and a great report! Delighted for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Well done J,great to put the demons of Rotterdam to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You are going to burn on the streets whoops, I mean burn up the streets of chicago :D

Nice lsr all the same!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Great report and smart, smart running. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

I thought you were pacing this so hadn't thought on checking in on you on Monday. Super result J. Those last few miles are incredible. Great report too, as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

guinang wrote: »
    I thought you were pacing this so hadn't thought on checking in on you on Monday. Super result J. Those last few miles are incredible. Great report too, as always.

The way the report reads and the condition of him after the race would suggest he was indeed pacing it. Sounds like he was even more committed than Grellan who paced the first half for the 3hr gang and then shot off and grabbed a new PB for himself by the finish...at least Blockic waited til the last couple of miles with his gang! Maybe you were afraid for TFB until then??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Super report, really sells the Cork marathon, well done man. 7.16/mile for still a relative novice is fantastic.

What salt tablets did you use may I ask/where does one get them from? Have yet to look into them. And did I read that right, you took the Dioralyte in the days leading up to the race? Sounds like a clever idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Good race (I still think you had a plan :) ) - good report - I agree with Statss, all I've read about this marathon, really sells it.

* Given your last 2 marathons, what will you change for Chicago Sub 3 attempt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

Good race (I still think you had a plan :) ) - good report - I agree with Statss, all I've read about this marathon, really sells it.

* Given your last 2 marathons, what will you change for Chicago Sub 3 attempt?

He did have a plan, he listened to his aunty rasher :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Big Logger wrote: »

Better taking a pointer from aunty rasher as opposed to taking one from uncle sausage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Better taking a pointer from aunty rasher as opposed to taking one from uncle sausage :D

AKA Gavlor

wowzer wrote: »
    AKA Gavlor

If I was on the laptop I'd post a picture of the auld lad from family guy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Am I the only one figuring that, behind all the antagonism, BL's actually got soft spot for young Blockic...???

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Am I the only one figuring that, behind all the antagonism, BL's actually got soft spot for young Blockic...???

When ya have a young whipper looking up to you like Blocky does to me ya can't help but have a soft spot...hes like a little puppy whos lost its way. :)

I could say the same about you towards me as well...:o

p.s....has anyone else noticed that whenever someone slags me that ncmc quietly thanks the post...:rolleyes::mad::pac::pac:

Any perceived affection is entirely brotherly, I can assure you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

statss wrote: »
    Super report, really sells the Cork marathon, well done man. 7.16/mile for still a relative novice is fantastic.

What salt tablets did you use may I ask/where does one get them from? Have yet to look into them. And did I read that right, you took the Dioralyte in the days leading up to the race? Sounds like a clever idea.

Cheers statss. After a tip off from meno I bought these guys:

http://www.saltstick.com/products/sscaps/cfeatures.htm

Find them great in capsule form, no taste so they are really handy. Tnink they are in Base2Race but I got them in Edge in Cork.

Yep, in the three days leading up to Monday in addition to hydrating with water I also took a sachet each day. Nothing major but very important I feel to keep your salts as well as your hydration topped up.

A big lession learned from Rotterdam. I would normally drink about 2ltr of pure water daily but that day before I drank about 3 ltrs with no isotonic drinks or any salts as such and also went for a couple miles jog in the warm weather. My salts I reckon were flushed out of my system from all the water and without topping them up I am of the opinion that I was potentially doomed unknown to me before I even set off.

Any experience is a good experience if you can learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Given your last 2 marathons, what will you change for Chicago Sub 3 attempt?

A great question RK and one that has got me really thinking. It's so good I'm going to ponder it a bit more before giving the response it deserves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Well once you are thinking 'bout it thats the main thing.
    Not really looking for an answer, just want to make sure you get asked the question and give it some thought.

If I asked Gavlor, he'd say "me jocks"

Well once you are thinking 'bout it thats the main thing.
    Not really looking for an answer, just want to make sure you get asked the question and give it some thought.

Is it Sunday already?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

:confused: What's he doing wearing your jocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

blockic wrote: »

Find them great in capsule form, no taste so they are really handy. Tnink they are in Base2Race but I got them in Edge in Cork.

Yep, in the three days leading up to Monday in addition to hydrating with water I also took a sachet each day. Nothing major but very important I feel to keep your salts as well as your hydration topped up.

A big lession learned from Rotterdam. I would normally drink about 2ltr of pure water daily but that day before I drank about 3 ltrs with no isotonic drinks or any salts as such and also went for a couple miles jog in the warm weather. My salts I reckon were flushed out of my system from all the water and without topping them up I am of the opinion that I was potentially doomed unknown to me before I even set off.

Any experience is a good experience if you can learn from it.

sound, I'll be ordering some of them, thanks.

Any perceived affection is entirely brotherly, I can assure you;)

Oh you're such a hurtful bitch :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

p.s....has anyone else noticed that whenever someone slags me that ncmc quietly thanks the post...:rolleyes::mad::pac::pac:

No, but seen as it bothers you I'll be doing similar in the future.

TRR wrote: »
    No, but seen as it bothers you I'll be doing similar in the future.

where is all the love gone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

blockic wrote: »

Not sure how much those cost, but I've used the Zero tablets, particularly in the warm weather. I used them in cork and for pacing gigs, I keep them handy in case someone cramps up, they'll disolve easily in water (unless you wrap them up, yes... you know who you are)

But the beauty of them is that you can buy the full 'Marathon Pack' (excludes bottle) of High 5 stuff for €10 with a rake of gels, energy drinks and enery bar and recovery drinks. the pack definitely comes in handy during the summer when then body is under a bit more stress with the warm weather. If you cant get it in the New Republic, I'll get you a box and give it to you next time I'm in the RoC

Aimman wrote: »
    Not sure how much those cost, but I've used the Zero tablets, particularly in the warm weather. I used them in cork and for pacing gigs, I keep them handy in case someone cramps up, they'll disolve easily in water (unless you wrap them up, yes... you know who you are)
    They've also been known to be taken whole into the mouth (you know who you are) but apparently it's not recommended :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

offer on them at the minute, buy one get one free http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-zero-electrolyte-drink-20-tabs-buy-1-get-1-free/

Advertisement