Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Best of luck buddy - enjoy that bit of a run now.

Remember the constant reminders you have received since Rotterdam - now's not the time to give us any more ammunition :)

No doubt you'll join the Sub 3 club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Bring home the bacon! Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Best of luck on Sunday Blocky, its been a pleasure to follow your training for this one - you're on the form of your life :D I'm sure you'll smash the target and have an absolute blast doing it :D Looking forward to the race report already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Don't forget the salt tablets Blocky!

You deserve a smashing race and I fully expect it to happen for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Enjoy J - time to celebrate all the top quality preparation you've put in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck blockic, be aggressive, I think you know your training points to more than 2.59. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

Just stick with the plan as we discussed it Blocky and I'll get you that sub 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Big Logger wrote: »
    Just stick with the plan as we discussed it Blocky and I'll get you that sub 3 ;)

He's obviously agreed to a date with you if he fails to break the 3 hours ;):D:D

Gavlor wrote: »
    He's obviously agreed to a date with you if he fails to break the 3 hours ;):D:D

Well my motivational speech to him was a date with you if he subs 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Big Logger wrote: »
    Well my motivational speech to him was a date with you if he subs 3 ;)

Another one?

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Another one?

He gets to choose the toilet this time :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 purceninho

Best of luck J.
    Enjoy the race (first half) and the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

You're going to really enjoy this one. It's been a long journey but you'll soon have a marathon time that's fitting to your ability and then onwards and upwards from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Some support crew here! :eek: Thanks a million everyone for the great messages of support! No pressure! ;) Plan is to not come home empty handed this time, play it smart but at the same time get a time that I feel is respectable for the effort I have put in.

Weather is looking to be perfect and plenty salt tablets packed so I should be all set. :cool:

Thurs
    day
    5 miles recovery (with spurts here and there) / 8:34 average pace

Last run in the countray...went out very very very handy and threw in a few accelerations here and there...nothing much to report. Calves a small bit tense so going to foam roll them now and hopefully that does the job...other than that all is good and feeling prepared and confident.

Flying out in the morning and looking forward to meeting some of the other boards crew in the airport for a few pints beforehand. ;)

Anyone having a lazy day on Sunday and is bored can keep an eye on me in the race (as a very much last resort :D) My bib is 1682 and kick off is at 13:30 Irish time.

I might or might not pop in beforehand once I get over, but If I don't, catch ye on the flipside!! :)

And thanks again, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Best of luck lad, really hope it goes smoothly and you nail it on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Good luck dude. You'll nail this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best of luck at the weekend man. The work and ability are there man now just time to make it official.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of Luck J. Have a Blast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What they said :D

Best of luck and have a great post race celebrations. Hope you took note of how to celebrate in style that time after the Cork Marathon (but dont think the pubs will be handing out flyers for free drink over there).

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Best of luck on Sunday , show them how it's done! enjoy every min n especially the celebrations after when u buzzing from your sub 3! Time to reap the benefits of your hard work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Very best of luck Blocky! Hope you have a fantastic run - you deserve it! Looking forward to the race report including a finish line :) Catch up in a couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Go get what's rightly yours J, 2:57:51 feels about right :pac: you need to keep an extra bit back now for the DCM pacing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

2 hours to go !

Fantastic. Delighted for you lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Congrats, fantastic running!

Congrats, fantastic running!

Is he finished? Cudnt see it in my tracking? What time?

Dilbert75 wrote: »

Just see it now, fantastic ! Well done , so delighted for u blockie :) enjoy the celebrations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Fantastic. Delighted for you lad.

+ 1. well done j.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

ah thats brilliant news.Delighted Blocky. Congrats

Advertisement