Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen cabinet hinges - negative angle

• 24-11-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭

I have had to have a kitchen corner cabinet re-built to give proper access to a new central heating boiler. A capenter took out the ill fitting cabinet and put in shelving instead, but when it was done, we realised the new shelving unit would actully look really well if there was a door on it - I have a spare door. The shelving is at an angel of 45 degrees to the wall, so to fit a door, we would need a hinge which would close to an angle of 45 instead of the usual 90 degrees. The opening angle could be anywhere betweeen about 110 and 180 degrees. I know that such hinges exist, as I've seen them on US web sites, but has anyone any idea where I might get one nearer to home, which is Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Problem solved! Frank Flanagan Fittings in St Margarets have hinges of all sorts of angles, positive and negative. It says on their web site that they supply to the trade, but they also sell to the public.

Advertisement