If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi zone amp

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice, going to get going with a raspberry pi multi room set up and need an amp to go with it, looking for a 4 zone amp, as cheap as it can get? 4 sources in and 4 zones out, no real need for switching etc, should hopefully be able to do all of that with each raspberry pi.

Any recommendations??

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice, going to get going with a raspberry pi multi room set up and need an amp to go with it, looking for a 4 zone amp, as cheap as it can get? 4 sources in and 4 zones out, no real need for switching etc, should hopefully be able to do all of that with each raspberry pi.

Any recommendations??

Thanks
    Gary

Gary,

apologies for thed elay getting back to you - I'm scratching my head at this one to be honest - I'm guessing you need an amp which has 4 channels in and 4 outputs - all of which are open and live all the time (on the basis that you appear to be using more than on RI) - if thats the case we don't have a budget option for you as most of our Av amps or receivers all have encoded inputs with onboard decoding.

You could look at some of the NAd series of power amps however they are not a budget option.

If I'm getting it wrong please come back and I'll look afresh at the options to see if we can get you anything suitable,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Thanks for getting back to me actually did a bit more research last night and from what I can tell something like this x 3 might do the trick:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TA2020-Stereo-Amplifier-Tripath-for-Car-MP3-PSU-12v4A-adapter-/190629174200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c62625bb8

But I was hoping to have them all combined in one power source. Might be pushing it.

Another question, do you have any patch panel type devices for speaker connections / phono jacks?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for getting back to me actually did a bit more research last night and from what I can tell something like this x 3 might do the trick:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TA2020-Stereo-Amplifier-Tripath-for-Car-MP3-PSU-12v4A-adapter-/190629174200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c62625bb8

But I was hoping to have them all combined in one power source. Might be pushing it.

We don't stock anything like that - the closest we would have is the Cambridge Audio A1 which is a 'proper' Hifi Amplifier http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am1/camb-topaz-am1-blk

However the inputs are stereo ganged and you cannot get individual input control - possibly you may be better having a look on Adverts.ie to see if you can find an older second hand AV receiver which has individual 5.1 ins and outs??
    Another question, do you have any patch panel type devices for speaker connections / phono jacks?

No, again ' fraid not - possibly try Maplins or CPC?

Apologies we cannot be more helpful,

ATVB,

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

As always thanks for the help and advice!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.