Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some advice from Parrot owners out there

• 24-11-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all, this is my first post in the animal section so go easy on me! :D

We have recently become the adoptive owners of a senegal parrot. I have read a lot about them leading up to this and the one thing i have been told many times is not to cook in the kitchen using any sort of teflon coated pans while the parrot is in the vicinity as teflon heated, leaves off fumes that are harmless to humans, but deadly to birds especially parrots.

I have been looking to replace our 28cm frying pan anyways, so what sort of replacement should i get? anyone have experience of this?

I presume a ceramic pan would be fine?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Hi a good site for parrot related questions is www.irishparrots.com

Any pan without teflon will be fine - teflon is the non stick coating on many bots/pans (they should say if they have it on the label) but it is easy to tell by looking if there is a teflon type substance on it if you are unsure. I use a good quality stainless steel pan to avoid the risk completely.

There are also certain foods and seeds they can not eat, check out he site above as they have specific info on it for each species from other parrot owners.

Best of luck with your new house mates :)

Advertisement