Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Membership Night

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Orwell Wheelers will be holding their annual membership night from 7pm-9pm on Monday 3rd of December, in Uncle Tom's Cabin, Dundrum. This is to allow riders to sign up for licences for the 2013 season, pay club and CI fees, have a sandwich and a cup of tea, and ask any questions of more experienced members.

All new members are encouraged to attend as it will give them the opportunity to be advised on what the most appropriate licence is for them. Joining will allow everyone to continue to participate in club activities, including Sunday spins.

More details and links to various forms and info at http://www.orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/439-membership-night.html

If you've any questions, you can ask here if you like. Someone like me or one of the many Orwellians that appear to abound on boards.ie will probably answer.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Do yis not have enough members as it is? :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Any idea how long does it take to receive the membership cards if there are any or is the CI license with the club name on it the same as a membership card?

Reason I'm asking is that I've joined recently and am a bit unsure of the whole admin side of things. I've got the temp CI license number with the club name along with it but haven't got anything in the mail yet and I've already been on 3 Sunday spins and would like to go on a 4th one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

buffalo wrote: »
    All new members are encouraged to attend as it will give them the opportunity to be advised on what the most appropriate licence is for them.

So ye are going to Uncle Tom's Cabin to discuss "race" licenses? I, for one, am shocked and appalled!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

doozerie wrote: »
    So ye are going to Uncle Tom's Cabin to discuss "race" licenses? I, for one, am shocked and appalled!
    more of a winters man yourself then? or the eagle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Any idea how long does it take to receive the membership cards if there are any or is the CI license with the club name on it the same as a membership card?

Reason I'm asking is that I've joined recently and am a bit unsure of the whole admin side of things. I've got the temp CI license number with the club name along with it but haven't got anything in the mail yet and I've already been on 3 Sunday spins and would like to go on a 4th one.

There's no specific Orwell card, just the CI licence. You should be okay to go on more Sunday spins if you've got your CI membership, as that's your insurance. PM me your email, I'll double check and get back to you.

• Advertisement

If you can still ride in a straight line after 10 shots of tequila, you get a free licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Harriet would be unsure what to make of it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I paid my club fees a couple of weeks ago so I could keep up the sunday spins. I'll be heading down on the 3rd to double check all is in order.

Got an email from CI so I assume its all progressing along

:bump:

Reminder that this is happening tonight. Come one, come all! :)

Advertisement