Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next weekend...

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend are goin to be in London next weekend,its both of ours first time going there and I'm looking for some cool things to see and do,I'm bringin her to the arsenal match v Swansea on Saturday as her Christmas present but apart from that we're lookin for suggestions?
    Also she has a bit of a fascination with celebrities so if anyone knew anywhere we might happen to see some semi-famous people that would be great,the likes of some of the eastenders crew os something along those lines
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You could go for a tour around the BBC in west London, it's free, but always busy, so you might not get a ticket in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

...if anyone knew anywhere we might happen to see some semi-famous people that would be great...
    Arsenal v Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

On a more helpful note, this may be useful:

http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Celebrity-spotting-in-London

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

If you are looking to enjoy yourselves, I would steer clear of the Emirates, Arsenal are ****e at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Thanks for all the help,any more suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Notting Hill/Portobello Road might be a good bet. I work in the area and on average see someone off of the TV about once a week. It'll be mobbed on the Saturday with the market (but you're busy anyway) so maybe Sunday. And if you don't spot anyone there's plenty of movie locations in the area.

Also Primrose Hill might be nice. Again, you mightn't see anyone but just walk up to to the top of the hill and then turn around at the top. Your girlfriend will appreciate it :)

That sounds a bit more sinister then it was meant, basically the view is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

If you want to do something Christmassy, then there is Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park or the Southbank Christmas festival that could be worth a look-in. Also ice-skating at the National History Museum or Somerset House (though I would book in advance for tickets, not sure if you could get something at this late stage but could be worth a shot!).

Advertisement