Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Market

Options
  • 24-11-2012 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Are there any sunday markets around the city centre? I was hoping to give the point village a look but its closed for winter. Not looking for anything in particular, just to kill a few hours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Point Village has been closed for a good while due to the relaying of the square. Why not hop on the Dart out to Howth. Great market and a lovely day out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Not sure if it is what you had in mind but there's a market called the Ferocious Mingle on Thomas Street that I've been meaning to check out as it looks interesting. I was in the cafe on culture night but it was late so only the cafe was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Here is a good one, I always hang around there every Sunday :)

http://www.dublinfood.coop/html/events.html#sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Nice one in People's Park in Dun Laoghaire of a Sunday 10-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Went into the Ferocious Mingle Marcade on Thomas Street today after reading this thread. Really liked it. Some interesting stuff in there. Sat in cinema seats eating a panini, drinking hot chocolate while a lad played the piano. There was a Laurel and Hardy film on too on a big screen. Stalls sell jewellery, vintage clothing, incense and oils, unusual ornaments and lamps and other things. There's a psychic reader and Santa there too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is a great market, the weekend of the month up at haymarket street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

irishbird wrote: »
    there is a great market, the weekend of the month up at haymarket street.

You left an important word out, irishbird! Which weekend is it?

I used to quite like the one on the last Sunday of the month at Newmarket Square, but I went in October and most of the stuff on the outside stalls was, literally, garbage, so don't expect much from that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

quaalude wrote: »
    You left an important word out, irishbird! Which weekend is it?

I used to quite like the one on the last Sunday of the month at Newmarket Square, but I went in October and most of the stuff on the outside stalls was, literally, garbage, so don't expect much from that one.

The 'regulars' are usually inside the market hall, afaik. So you won't find much garbage over there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The 'regulars' are usually inside the market hall, afaik. So you won't find much garbage over there ;)

Yes, the stalls inside are good. Shame about the outside ones.

• Advertisement

quaalude wrote: »
    Yes, the stalls inside are good. Shame about the outside ones.

There is two good ones outside. At the far end, the guy who sells DVDs and vinyls, and another one, who sells books. That stall is usually near the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Blackrock market

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Blackrock Market

21/25

Advertisement