Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best computing course in Ireland ?

• 24-11-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm looking for the best computing course in Ireland, so far I have heard that:
    Applied Computing in WIT : Good and supposedly has a good reputation in Ireland.
    Computer Science in UCD : Great supposedly the best computing course in Ireland.
    Computer Science in DIT : Good, second to UCD.
    Computer Science and Software Engineering in NUI, Maynooth: Great but probably hardest course in Ireland.
    Computer Science in TCD: Good but lots of work.
    Computer in UCC: Bad.
    If I missed out on any college, put it in and share your opinion, would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

There is really no such thing as the best computing course in Ireland. They all offer different ways of learning computers, you don't just learn everything about computers in a course that lasts 4 years. For example, a course in college A could offer more in Web development while College B offers more software coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fooree

I get ya, alright lets say the best computing course to study in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What about DCU?

Not many good things about DCU ! thats what I've been reading..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What about UL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

DkIT? I've heard that they've put in a new computer lab consisting of iMacs. Was opened last year or so. May be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Haha, OP you are lost. What about UL, one of the best computers courses in the country with the highest employment rate.

Haha, OP you are lost. What about UL, one of the best computers courses in the country with the highest employment rate.

Haven't really heard anything about them lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You're looking for the "best computing course in Ireland" yet you dismiss DCU?

Where did you hear bad things about it ? If you heard it from another college its probably fake.

Its the largest and most recognised computing course in Ireland - fact

Your right @SureYWouldntYa , I did another investigation and DCU does have a good reputation in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

UCC = bad :confused: Any particular reason?

Advertisement