Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a travel cot?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We'll be doing a lot of traveling over Christmas so will need one. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I have a mama's and papa's one, I don't know what model,but it's fairly easy to put up and down once you do it once. But I did buy a proper mattress for it as I don't know how babies are supposed to sleep on those rock hard mats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

We got the graco contour and love it!
    Mostly because it has the smaller insert where our baby slept til she was 6 months, now she's happy in the base! Changing mat handy too. It's heavy tho!

It's this one:

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-car-seats-in-waterford/graco-contour-electra-travel-cot-424264461

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We got a mamas and papas one originally but forgot it on a trip to Donegal last summer so called into Smyths on the way and got a babylo one. Half the price to the m&p but looked identical and seemed more comfortable.

The one dublinlady suggested looks lovely and probably a better idea if your little one is very young.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for the Graco Contour.. we found it great.. never used the changing mat part though.. we always just changed him on our bed.. it's a bit cumbersome, just gets in the way imho..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we have a mothercare one.
    The bassinet is so handy with small babies and the changer on top is handy but not essential hen travelling.
    We have ours 4 years and it has been used alot but is heavy.

Toys r us had some lovely ones half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have an Infantastic one. It has the bassinet for younger babies and a changer too. I bought it from amazon.de for about 50€ including shipping. I'm extremely happy with it and it gets lots of use.
    I bought a mattress for it as I find the bases of travel cots a bit hard for young babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

• Registered Users Posts: 9 music_lover

I have a graco one which I love, need to get a good mattress though, I got one for it in smiths !

Advertisement