Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child maintenance

Options
  • 25-11-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭

So my self and the girlfriend (ex now i guess) broke up tonight. It is my sons first birthday at xmas and I was just wondering what is the average for maintenance? from January till about 3 weeks ago i was in a full time min wage job earning about 680 give or take a fortnight (70 of that went straight on petrol to commute) I was giving 100 a fortnight to herself and on top of this I would frequently buy outfits, toys and other stuff a baby would need... also nappies, food etc. seperatly for when he stayed at my house. I haven't stopped doing this nor is my employment a contributuing factor to us breaking up.

On monday I start a new job in a supermarket with a guaranteed minimum number of hours (15) rather than full time. I guess i'll generally be looking at 24-34 hours at 10 p/h. so that's about 240-340, I don't want to leave my son stuck or wanting for anything so how much does a child cost? what proportion of a persons wages is acceptable? In saying all this she still hasn't gotten round to granting me full guardianship or joint custody.

edit: (she doesn't work but gets an extra 100 on top of whatever the usual simgle parents is for attending a 1 year single parents course since aug)

Advertisement