Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sort of a student j1

Options
  • 25-11-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i want to go to america this year on a j1 but the problem is i am currently in between colleges! i was in university last year but i've left there as the course wasn't for me so im taking a year out to work and heading back to college next year instead doing a different course in a different college. now appearently you need to be a student to apply for a j1 so here is where it gets tricky!
    i haven't technically dropped out of my 1st university, i never went to the exams last year so automatically failed BUT they just automatically re-registered me for 1st year again this year, now i haven't went to anything obviously or paid registration fees or anything like that but like ive been given a timetable and am getting all my emails of my lectures and everything (basically the college still thinks i'm a student there)
    so...my question is, should i use this to my advantage and try get a j1 that way or would that be quite risky and could it end up with me having to pay registration fees or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You have to provide proof that you are currently enrolled in a full time course. If you can show that then you should be ok. If you need to pay registration fees to show that, then you'll have issues.

Advertisement