Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

I think Frampton on points is a good bet.

Cazares is past his best and a stone or so above his best weight, but he's hard as nails and I think if Carl had a higher workrate while maintaining his power he could well stop him, but he tends to pick his punches (impressively) and I'm not sure he has enough pop to take Cazares out with the more sporadic approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

pac_man wrote: »
    I give up posting on this thread. Disaster.

Haha, don't worry, that's gambling for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I was up a hundred odd bucks on fiver and tenner bets before I decided to lump it all on Cleverly outpointing Kovalev. Not one of my more intuitive moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Putting down 500 on Mayweather to win on points @ 8/13 on Betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'll probably throw 50 on Maidana...not really worth putting dosh on Floyd unless it's a few grand. He won't get a KO tomorrow either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mayweather hasn't had a KO win in 7-8 years now, but you would think that this could be possible. Maidan's defence will let us know. If he is not too easy to hit for Floyd then he should last 12. If after a few rds we see Floyd landing very easily, then the KO could be on, if Floyd wants to keep landing consistently.

I just can't see Maidana, in the best shape of his life mentally and physically get KO'd by Floyd of all people...would love to know how Floyd is prepared...been hearing he's not in the best shape cuz he doesn't see Maidana as any threat (fair enough) and with everything going on personally it'll be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

walshb wrote: »
    Mayweather hasn't had a KO win in 7-8 years now, but you would think that this could be possible. Maidan's defence will let us know. If he is not too easy to hit for Floyd then he should last 12. If after a few rds we see Floyd landing very easily, then the KO could be on, if Floyd wants to keep landing consistently.

He did KO Ortiz, but I don't think that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

he doesn't see Maidana as any threat (fair enough) and with everything going on personally it'll be interesting.

This rumour goes around every time he fights. Its bull.

Yeah true but Floyd seemed to be in the zone completely for Canelo...I know he'll be in great shape but it's clear he has other sh*t going on too...like an abortion is f*cked up for anyone, even Floyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

magma69 wrote: »
    Putting down 500 on Mayweather to win on points @ 8/13 on Betfair.

Unless you're loaded, then that's a very brave bet.

Floyd is not Floyd of 2 years ago - he is moving less and throwing harder.
    For me the best value bet is Floyd to win between round 7-12 inclusive.

4/1 on Ladbrokes

To be really honest, I'm worried it's going to happen before the 7th round.

Maidana is Floyd's weakest opponent yet. This should be like 'taking candy from a kid'.
    Maidana's style is perfect, perfect for a Mayweather showcase.
    Floyd will be exceptional against this plodding, come forward puncher.

I really loved Maidana for the beating he gave Broner however I give him a 5% chance of victory here.

He's a great fighter, but only against a certain type of opponent.... and he tires badly.

Magma69 , lay a bit of that 500 off and cover yourself with a stoppage.

Sayin' all that - you never know who or which could be carrying an injury , be of bad mental state, under or over prepared, dehydrated etc.
    Both will claim great camps and all that but the truth is none of us know for sure.

Nothings going down until the weigh in , an hour away and if there is any surprises then I need to react before the bookies.

Link here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUuekmGBe2U

pac_man wrote: »
    Do you not find it ironic that this was released a few days before the fight. It's just another story to create hype.

Yeah it's typical Floyd cuz apparently the fight isn't selling as well as first hoped but still he definitely is in a worse off state compared to the Canelo fight...just gives Maidana a fraction more of a chance... I dunno how Maidana could beat Floyd because Floyd is the best boxer in the world and has a solid chin so one punch won't end the fight but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Chino did get a win here...there's just something about him. Money on Chino just for the sake of it but expecting a FMJ UD shutout.

Yes..... I was considering doing the same.
    My hearts for a Maidana victory, but I'm gonna bet with my head.

Will probably have 30 or so on the late Mayweather KO , however I'd happily loose that money to see a Maidana victory !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Maidana is Floyd's weakest opponent yet.

Just thinking of his last 7/8 fights or so, Guerrero and JMM were weaker, stylistically, for Floyd.

Well Yes, Guerrero anyway. He was the weakest to be honest
    I forgot about him.

JJMarquez could have been a good fight, he was always the smaller fighter but I half expected a more competitive fight on that occasion.

Really hope I'm wrong about this, I'd love to see Maidana win this fight.
    That would throw the division open altogether.
    I believe there are half a dozen guys that could beat Maidana at welter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

collazo to beat khan 2/1 paddypower look's a decent shot to me most likely upset of the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

amkin25 wrote: »
    collazo to beat khan 2/1 paddypower look's a decent shot to me most likely upset of the card.

That seems like very good value for me: Khan's been out a year, knocked down in his last fight, first fight at welterweight. But I can't confess to know much about Collazo.

Collazo is a decent fighter hammered hatton and got a terrible decision against him although,i know hammering hatton isn't saying much but as long as he is trying i give him a decent shot here,has had a couple bad decision's against him in his losses i seen him a few time's,always thought he was decent boxer should give khan a run for his money.

Khan is the money man, a bad decision isn't out of the realms of possibility

But, I also can't help but doubt Khan's chin

funny auld game gambling. I can never be decisive enough and rarely bet

Yeah khan's the money man alright,did u see the fight he won against molina,the guy that's fighting broner in the fight b4 khan's,would just like to get some info on him,if khan hammered him for the whole fight or not i would love to stick a little bet against broner coz i hate the guy.
    But i wouldn't if molina is just a walking punchbag and im guessing he is probably a waste of time probably more chance or maidana winning against floyd.

• Advertisement

I saw the Molina fight but remember little of it, I know Molina was far too small to be fighting Khan though as he was huge at the weight. My gut feeling is I was not impressed in either of Khan's last two fights, I'd still expect Broner to be all over him, as much as I'd enjoy seeing Broner lose again.

I think possibly khan's edge tonight will be weight, i was looking at the weigh in there and think khan will possibly be a good bit bigger than collazo tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Khan fights don't often go 12 rounds over his weak chin,bit of value on the fight not to go the distance 11/10

I have a punt on collazo to take him at 2/1 ,if he is not out weighted too much he should give khan problems.

Thank fcuk for that. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭flanna01

I feel like a shepherd, trawling these dens of iniquity..... (Sub standard betting thread forums)

The lengths I go too.... Just to bring my little lost lambs back to the righteous path...

Come back to the real investment speculation section. Your dalliance with this scarlet woman will be but an embarrassing memory...

All aboard the Flanna Express... You know it makes sense!

Jackson to stop Andy Lee tonight @ 4/1 on Paddy Power. Good value in that bet imo. It's not an unlikely outcome at all given his recent form and vulnerability to take a hammering and be stopped.

Very close Magma - had your winnings spent in round 1 !

Very close Magma - had your winnings spent in round 1 !

I'm a big Andy Lee fan so I'm not gutted or anything. I still think it was a decent bet (although any bet that doesn't win is a bad bet, but you know what I mean).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭flanna01

Gentlemen....

I have been stalking the corridors of this thread, looking at the tips and hunches that have been posted...etc.. (It makes me feel sad)

Put your jotters & biro's away my little lambs... My return is imminent.

What can I say.... There is Brandy, and there is Cognac.

Be patient furball's.... The shepherd will guide you back onto the righteous path....

(Should have planned my return for Easter Sunday... Nothing like a bit of free publicity...)

Advertisement