Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Shawn Porter 1.53 on Paddy Power. Can't see him losing this.

Mayweather points 2/5 at most bookies. I'm doing it on bet365.

Malik Scott on points 13/8
    Takam points 15/2

Worth a cheeky punt for an accumulator imo.

E10 bet will get you back E223.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

I certainly fancy Katsidis against Coyle. And most likely inside the distance. If he loses he should retire.

Campbell will beat Brizuela.

Caballero on points is also worth a pop.

I never do accumulators, but with the prices in boxing so short the three above might be worth a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

megadodge wrote: »
    I certainly fancy Katsidis against Coyle. And most likely inside the distance. If he loses he should retire.

Campbell will beat Brizuela.

Caballero on points is also worth a pop.

I never do accumulators, but with the prices in boxing so short the three above might be worth a few quid.

Only comes in about 3-1with PP. Campbell is 1/14.
    I think Katsidis will be beat.
    Remember the time his corner threw in the towel, the ref threw it back out again, and Katsidis went on to win:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Only comes in about 3-1with PP. Campbell is 1/14.
    I think Katsidis will be beat.
    Remember the time his corner threw in the towel, the ref threw it back out again, and Katsidis went on to win:D

Haha, clearly you don't remember that quite correctly. Katsidis was fighting Graham Earl for the interim WBO Lightweight title. Katsidis was dominating in a tremendously exciting scrap and it was looking like Earl's gutsy display should be brought to an end for his own safety. Earl's corner throw the towel in, Micky Vann (the referee) kicks it back out, and almost immediately Earl lands a hook rocking Katsidis. It only delayed the inevitable however, Katsidis came back strong and got his stoppage within 5 rounds anyway.

It was Katsidis breakout fight, well at least on this side of the Atlantic anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Big Ears wrote: »
    Haha, clearly you don't remember that quite correctly. Katsidis was fighting Graham Earl for the interim WBO Lightweight title. Katsidis was dominating in a tremendously exciting scrap and it was looking like Earl's gutsy display should be brought to an end for his own safety. Earl's corner throw the towel in, Micky Vann (the referee) kicks it back out, and almost immediately Earl lands a hook rocking Katsidis. It only delayed the inevitable however, Katsidis came back strong and got his stoppage within 5 rounds anyway.

It was Katsidis breakout fight, well at least on this side of the Atlantic anyway.

I could of sworn it was Katsidis corner, right after he was rocked. Few years ago now anyway:)

I could of sworn it was Katsidis corner, right after he was rocked. Few years ago now anyway:)

Ya it's quite some ago now, over 7 years !

That's the fight, the towel event happens in the 2nd round. Full thing is worth a watch mind you, good little scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Big Ears wrote: »
    Ya it's quite some ago now, over 7 years !

That's the fight, the towel event happens in the 2nd round. Full thing is worth a watch mind you, good little scrap.

Great fight, insane. Little uncomfortable with the ref throwing the towel out, great war all the same. Slightly anti-climatic ending

Always loved watching Katsidis, fireworks. Those flurries he hit in the later rounds :cool:

Walsh
    Saunders
    Gavin by decision

Tenner will return you 45 quid.

• Advertisement

Christ, Saunders and Gavin scraped it. It's never easy. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Had Saunders @ evens

magma69 wrote: »
    Walsh
    Saunders
    Gavin by decision

Tenner will return you 45 quid.

Good treble fair play

Made my first boxing bet in a couple of years tonight, had an accumulator on Fury, Saunders, Gavin and Walsh to win :D.

Just wish I had made it later in the day as the odds on Saunders got better as the day went on (I had him at evens).

In the absence of boxing forum legend Flanna said I'd throw another bet in here.

Put a score on Rosado to beat Lemieux @ 15/8.
    Rosado can take a punch, was very unlucky to lose Quillin. He's on the back of sparking an iron chinned Brian Vera. I can see him weathering the early storm from Lemieux and taking over after a few rounds. He's durable and experienced, that's not a good recipe for Lemieux imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lemieux by 6th round KO you heard it first here!

Lara by points
    Korobov by stoppage

Accumulator at 4/1.

I'd be happy to lose the bet if Lee won but if Korobov stops him the few quid will cushion the blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

I think Wlads trainer Johnathon Banks at 9/4 on PP is a great price to win on points over 10 rounds against Antonio Tarver tonight on the Trout undercard live on BT Sports 2 tonight. Both have been extremely unactive but you would have to think it would have a more adverse effect on the 46 year old Tarver especially up at Heavyweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

DK224 wrote: »
    I think Wlads trainer Johnathon Banks at 9/4 on PP is a great price to win on points over 10 rounds against Antonio Tarver tonight on the Trout undercard live on BT Sports 2 tonight. Both have been extremely unactive but you would have to think it would have a more adverse effect on the 46 year old Tarver especially up at Heavyweight

Banks is 5/4 on PP but you can get 8/5 on Boyles.
    I would have thought he'd be a strong favourite....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Taking khan to win on points at 10/11 with a sneaky covering bet on Devon Alexander ko @ 5/1.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

I'm on Alexander 11/4 Khan is 4/11 no way is there that much between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Taking khan to win on points at 10/11 with a sneaky covering bet on Devon Alexander ko @ 5/1.

Didn't see it but I heard it was nice and easy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lara by points
    Korobov by stoppage

Accumulator at 4/1.

I'd be happy to lose the bet if Lee won but if Korobov stops him the few quid will cushion the blow.

t8GaqMh.gif

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Didn't see it but I heard it was nice and easy.

Shut out. Won every minute of the fight. Footwork and balance really improved. Great performance tbf.

Hughie Fury to win.
    Abraham to win.
    Golovkin by stoppage.

A tonne will return 163.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Hughie Fury to win.
    Abraham to win.
    Golovkin by stoppage.

A tonne will return 163.

Going for the upsets this weekend ............. we'll see if it pays off or not

pac_man wrote: »
    I don't think the risk is worth the reward. All of them bets for something just above 3/5.

That's an interesting fight for Fury and a big step up. He hasn't fought since last May and to lump him in a ten rounder against a guy that can take a punch, I'd be wanting more than 1/7.

Thought Smith fought the fight of his life and can't see it been replicated.Abraham has been involved in many a war and you'd think that he's slowing down but Smith is fairly ordinary and even a half-shot Arthur Abraham should still have too much.

The Golovkin stoppage at 1/7 isn't a forgone conclusion. Murray can be quite negative,tight guard and could quite possibly run around the ring for 12 rounds.

I'd probably pick the same outcomes as you but there doesn't seem to be any value in it.

There's an element of risk in the Fury fight given that it's a step up and he's back from an illness. However he's had a long camp for this (he's been fully recovered for quite a while) and I really rate him as a boxer. I trust Peter Fury's management of him.

Golovkin stoppage is a certainty imo. Even if Murray fights ultra negative, the ref will have to step in. Golovkin steps up his workrate when fighters shell up (like against Stevens) so it's only a matter of time before he either knocks him out early or forces the ref to step in from the fight being too one-sided in the later rounds.

Abraham is the one I'm most worried about tbh. You just don't know if he'll turn up or not. Stieglitz rematch he was brutal after a close first fight. He still has it in him to stop Smith though, as Smith is fragile.

Your skepticism is fair enough though. I think it's just about worth going for.

Fury weighs in at 230. Looks in good shape. He has a much more professional attitude to the sport than his cousin who was turning up in disgraceful shape when he was at Hughie's stage of his career.

Jazza Dickens to win on Friday @ 4/11

• Advertisement

Oosthuizen
    Berto
    Porter

All to win this weekend. 50 returns 105 on PP.

Advertisement