Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st timers

• 25-11-2012 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Considering buying a Motorhome to escape the misery in Ireland during winter months. With such a large range of units for sale, not sure where to start. Perhaps some of the seasoned Motorhomers may have some ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Having toured and lived for periods of up to five months in my motorhome there are four basic requirement in my opinion.
    • A permanent bed of some type.
    • A living area with seating suitable for lounging, not dinette type.
    • A toilet area with separate shower, so that the toilet/washbasin area stays dry when the shower is being used.
    • A kitchen area with an oven, you can't live long-term out of a saucepan.

Other than the above it's whatever takes your fancy

• Enough space to dance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Having toured and lived for periods of up to five months in my motorhome there are four basic requirement in my opinion.
    • A permanent bed of some type.
    • A living area with seating suitable for lounging, not dinette type.
    • A toilet area with separate shower, so that the toilet/washbasin area stays dry when the shower is being used.
    • A kitchen area with an oven, you can't live long-term out of a saucepan.
    Other than the above it's whatever takes your fancy

Having owned a motorhome for over 30 years I would agree with Niloc 1951 got it in One.

Advertisement