Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC NEWS NOW South East England, mad weather apparentely

Options
  • 25-11-2012 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

85 flood warnings :confused:

What the ?

Cornwall getting lashed again, millbrook getting swamped, though water levels are dropping.

Thought Ireland was soaking :eek::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

In fairness, they do think they are having a "hurricane Sandy" type... Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

vicwatson wrote: »

Who thinks this? Did the bbc presenter say so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The Whole of UK has some serious amount of rain recently, as much possibly more than us in Ireland.

I wouldn't wish having your property flooded at all, not even for my worse enemy as they say. Risk of loss of live to human and of course animals (Livestock and beloved pets)
    It takes years for property to recover from flood damage and then you have the dreaded future of not being able to get house insurance after.

Hope this period of rain passes for them without causing to much trouble and perhaps we can have a period of dry weather this week.

Hope my English friends stay safe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Yeah, I was in the Uk last week, and the rain was shocking........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

@snaps, Eh? Are you sure you posted on the right thread? It's just that your contribution doesn't seem particularly relevant to any of the preceding posts...?

Anyway, here's a link to the Environment Agency river gauges where you can watch the impact of the rainfall on the flood levels.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »

I posted In response to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Just been for a walk around some woodlands just south of London & it started spitting, not as wet & cold as yesterday.
    The ground was pretty saturated & all the fallen leaves are making the paths slippery but we're all coping thankfully, although unfortunate that OAP who got swept away in Cornwall during the week in his Jeep..
    I was home in Ireland last weekend & the air does seem that bit cooler here, even in the sun. Seems a cooler parcel of saturated air has moved in & wants to linger which is the real danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Should that be South West England??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

snaps wrote: »

I posted In response to this post.

The problem is you dissed the thread not that post.

The problem is you dissed the thread not that post.

Ive adjusted my post now. Still dont think the "Hurricane sandy" statement was needed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snaps wrote: »
    Ive adjusted my post now. Still dont think the "Hurricane sandy" statement was needed though.

Just to clarify - The point of the comment was that BBC were making a humungous song and dance over the situation in the bulletin I was watching last night, almost comparing to the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, which of course, it is not even near par with that storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 selfbuilddgl12

Hi there

We are building our house at the moment and looking to install geothermal heating.

If you have geothermal and are happy with it could you please PM details of supplier?

Would very much appreciate it. So many companies out there doing it but would like to have recommendations from people who have their heating up and running and are happy with it.

We are located in Donegal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hi there

We are building our house at the moment and looking to install geothermal heating.

If you have geothermal and are happy with it could you please PM details of supplier?

Would very much appreciate it. So many companies out there doing it but would like to have recommendations from people who have their heating up and running and are happy with it.

We are located in Donegal.

Thanks

I think you posted that in the wrong thread.

Plumbing & Heating forum is here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

Advertisement