Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The questions

• 25-11-2012 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

We see a lot of threads on-line asking your age/sex/surname/city/town - The future of this on-liney thing is correlation of data.

I'm aware that over time, year after year, I'm basically giving up anonymity.

That is the progression of our technology.

What will it become?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It'll become just like Cheers.everyone will know your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

You seem to have dropped your tin foil hat

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

You seem to have dropped your tin foil hat
    You're a dropped condom too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Casillas wrote: »
    You're a dropped condom too late

Ya wha now brown cow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

We see a lot of threads on-line asking your age/sex/surname/city/town - The future of this on-liney thing is correlation of data.

That is the progression of our technology.

What will it become?

That's very much the past and present of the "on-liney" thing. Data like that is very valuable.

However, there is no-one forcing you to answer threads on boards.ie, or any other website for that matter.

You must have a very high opinion of yourself if you think someone is going to trawl back through all these threads trying to collate all your details to try and unmask you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ever download a napp onto your phone? If yes then that's you screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

This whole internet thing is just a passing fad so I wouldn't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

You can take fairly simple measures to hide your anonymity if it concerns you.

Also, a lot of what is collected is designed to customize advertising as you browse, so it's relatively harmless.

PS. You can make stuff up too ;) As of yet there's no internet police standing over you're shoulder as you browse.

Advertisement