Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parents Publicly Shame Daughter With Humiliating Sign.

• 25-11-2012 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Surely there is legislation against this type of public humiliating?.

I could see no different than cyber bullying

I would be great if someone daubed graffiti over her parents car, "The owners of this car are humiliating assholes"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

3 AM? She needs to cop herself on. Hopefully that'll learn her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I could see this catching on.

I'm Archeron and I fart so loudly in bed that the neighbours can hear it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

father is wearing beats by dre while being interviewed by the news

what a dick

I'm Juan.Kerr and my farts sometimes blow holes in my jocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Oddly enough - I don't think this will be effective because there isn't anything to be ashamed of on that sign.

Sneaking boys in at 3am? All that means is she has an active social life. I'd be proud of that.

Being disrespectful to her parents? Heck, that's a badge of honor for most teens these days and, if I had parents who thought they should dress me up in a sign like that, I'd probably have good reason to disrespect them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I can't believe the word "freedom" wasn't used in the sign somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Parents should maybe look at their parenting so far and see why it got to this . Have a chat with her and start a new policy .

Probably no worse that girls that go around with 'Playboy' branded clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I haven't viewed the video but I am guessing It's America.
    Humiliating kids in America is dangerous, what with all the guns and sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Parents discover daughter sneaking boy in at 3am, teach her how to stand on street corner and attract attention of passing cars.They're just training her up for future opportunities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

zuroph wrote: »
    Parents discover daughter sneaking boy in at 3am, teach her how to stand on street corner and attract attention of passing cars.They're just training her up for future opportunities

Charity collecting or selling the Evening Echo?

zuroph wrote: »

Funny, because it's true. :)

Dirty Jezebel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

juan kerr

I just got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

what a dick

He would without a doubt have bought these on Black Friday and wanted to show them off.

Spiritual wrote: »
    Charity collecting or selling the Evening Echo?

Washing windscreens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

She's lying to her parents, drinking at 15 years of age, sneaking out at night and is sneaking lads in to ride them...

Each of these on their own isn't terrible, but collectively I'd say she deserves some punishment.

I'm not sure that the punishment chosen was right though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That's pretty harsh. I'd like to think I wouldn't be that kind of parent. I think the beatings and home schooling will be more than enough to keep any daughter of mine away from the boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

F*cking americans.

No wonder some of them snap and go guns blazing having to listen those numpties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

what a dick

Fixed.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    F*cking americans.

No wonder some of them snap and go guns blazing having to listen those numpties.

Doesn't explain why people snap in other countries though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Making your kid do that is jusy plain vengeance.

There isn't a shred of parenting in it if by patenting you mean some kind off corrective guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That's actually good parenting. If she was so proud of what she did then why is she hiding away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Doesn't explain why people snap in other countries though.

Watching too much American television most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She may as well be wearing a half-price sign. Sure all the lads will want a go on her now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

No better way to sort out your problems than going on national TV with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

UCDVet wrote: »
    Sneaking boys in at 3am? All that means is she has an active social life.
    Nah it means more than that and you know it. Most parents won't want their 15-year-old shagging and going on the piss.
    These parents are utter ***** for this though - it'll just make her hate them and understandably so.
    Spiritual wrote: »
    I haven't viewed the video but I am guessing It's America.
    Bible Belt Florida.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Merica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Didn't this start with the dog shaming trend? I assume that was a joke to begin with anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

That would have generated a festering pile of hate and resentment in my teenage breast that would have been hidden with a suitably chastened demeanour. Her parents should sleep with only one eye closed.

Next steps are to shave her head or make her hold the sign up out in front of her school. They need putting down or at the very least parenting classes. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Who could respect parents who think that is appropriate punishment?

Lots of people behave badly when they're kids, and when they grow up into adults they don't have it flung back in their faces all the time. This is going to follow her around for a very long time.

Good luck with coping with that on top of everything else you have to deal with at 15. Including those stupid parents who can't respect a kids teen years as something to be dealt with within the family or with professionals if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

My name is Jasmines elderly parent.
    I wish I could see my daughter one last time from my hospital bed.
    But she only tells me to go f myself and hangs up.
    I wish I hadn't been so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

These would be the same parents that would justify microchipping their kids at school.

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-school-id-hernandez-033/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

This is beyond stupid parenting. Humiliating their daughter so that she resents her parents will hardly help things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Surely there is legislation against this type of public humiliating?.

I could see no different than cyber bullying

I would be great if someone daubed graffiti over her parents car, "The owners of this car are humiliating assholes"

Why because u would much rather u didn't know about it or discipline is done behind closed doors . They are trying a diff approach . I salute them for that . It's prob that they are their wits end . If she got pregnant first that would be said - there is no way the parents didnot know she had boys in her room .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Madam_X wrote: »
    Nah it means more than that and you know it. Most parents won't want their 15-year-old shagging and going on the piss.
    These parents are utter ***** for this though - it'll just make her hate them and understandably so.

Bible Belt Florida.

Reasonable adults might know that.

But teenage girls don't care what old people think about them. They care about their social status among their peers. Sneaking out/sneaking boys in is certainly something that will improve a teenagers social status among other teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

*Slows car to the kerb and adopts Borat accent*

"verry nice, how much?

Ps. It looks like someone needed two attempt to spell disrespect on that sign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

"I lost 3 or 4 hundred dollars today"

sure ya did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

pmcmahon wrote: »
    "I lost 3 or 4 hundred dollars today"

sure ya did.

Dre's beats be expensive yo......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Boards, you astound me. Came in here expecting AH to be defending this with one or two detractors :D
    Maybe I was a bit harsh before and Boardsies actually do have souls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭xper

Not a runner for Parents of the Year Award.

Still, it is better than stoning her to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    Why because u would much rather u didn't know about it or discipline is done behind closed doors . They are trying a diff approach . I salute them for that . It's prob that they are their wits end . If she got pregnant first that would be said - there is no way the parents didnot know she had boys in her room .

Different approach my boll...s, I hear the father stating this is about love, I just can't see the love though. Maybe we should be asking the question why is this young girl acting out in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I see some bullet riddled parents in this girls future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Boards, you astound me. Came in here expecting AH to be defending this with one or two detractors :D
    Maybe I was a bit harsh before and Boardsies actually do have souls?

Don't be fooled, you're being lulled into a false sense of security. Only by gaining your trust can we feed on your soul.

Now be off you little scamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, she won't be sneaking boys in again any time soon.

Advertisement