Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tell when property first listed for sale?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Short of ringing the agent does anyone know any websites you can use that will tell you when a property was first listed for sale when there have been no price drops? i know of daftdrop and collapso but this property hasn't had any price drops so they are no help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

http://www.irishpropertywatch.net/. This has dates but it won't work from my phone. Hope site is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

bazwaldo wrote: »
    http://www.irishpropertywatch.net/. This has dates but it won't work from my phone. Hope site is still there.

That site has been down for a few weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

mel.b wrote: »
    Short of ringing the agent does anyone know any websites you can use that will tell you when a property was first listed for sale when there have been no price drops? i know of daftdrop and collapso but this property hasn't had any price drops so they are no help.

Propertybee addon in Firefox when viewing the advert. It will give you the date when the property was first listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

gurramok wrote: »
    Propertybee addon in Firefox when viewing the advert. It will give you the date when the property was first listed.

Thanks! Initially couldn't get the date up but I think I have it now. I was first looking through my saved list and couldn't see the extra info that pops up in the yellow/blue boxes. So I presume the first (ie/ oldest date) entry is the initial listing date?

It is very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

mel.b wrote: »

Daftdrop CAN tell you this. Select the "Include property with no price changes" option under Advanced Criteria when searching..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Perfect...thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

gurramok wrote: »

Does it though? I have the Property bee addition on my computer. It records the date I first viewed the ad but not the date the ad was listed.

I know you have the option of sharing information with additional Propertybee users....something which I'm apprehensive about doing for security reasons. Perhaps this increased functionality allows you to determine when properties were first listed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Does it though? I have the Property bee addition on my computer. It records the date I first viewed the ad but not the date the ad was listed.

I know you have the option of sharing information with additional Propertybee users....something which I'm apprehensive about doing for security reasons. Perhaps this increased functionality allows you to determine when properties were first listed?

You answered your own query. If you don't like sharing information on what you viewed on daft with anonymous users who haven't a clue who you are and don't care who you are, you won't get the functionality.

Advertisement