Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closeness to broadband exchange

• 25-11-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I have recently moved just outside navan. Eircom tell me I cannot get broadband. However I do need this as I need to work from home. Some neighbours have broadband. Talking to one she told me that once you are within a certain distance from an exchange you are entitled to get a connection. Does anyone know this distance needed from the exchange? She said she had to fight hard (eircom didn't want to connect it as inconvenient) but she got it & it is working fine. There are at least 3 exchanges in my area-Navan, Kilcarn & Balrath- all within 5-7km, if even. Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, you are entitled to a phone line, broadband isn't the requirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Well, I had similar issue years ago. Moved to a place I saw an exchange from. And I've been told there's no possibility to get connected to broadband due to technical difficulties (blah, blah, blah).

Unofficially found out that exchange was unable to connect more subscribers at that moment.

I'd suggest to post in eircom's "Talk to..." forums to get it sorted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Or look at fixed wireless if eircom can't do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Move INTO Navan if you need broadband, Just outside any major Irish town might as well be the third world considering how badly eircom split their lines and then try to connect people with Meteor wall mount units that you plug a phone into instead of running a proper copper line. :(

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Move INTO Navan if you need broadband, Just outside any major Irish town might as well be the third world considering how badly eircom split their lines and then try to connect people with Meteor wall mount units that you plug a phone into instead of running a proper copper line. :(

Do they really do this? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Karsini wrote: »
    Do they really do this? Wow.

On a large scale, read this . And then they worry about why they are losing customers. :(

Advertisement