Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Unbelievable Incompetence!

Options
  • 25-11-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I just register to complaint about the incompetence of Eircom
    I went to the website in 27 September and applied online for broadband, however I had to have a phone line as well and the website advised would be ok to have in my address broadband, therefore I applied for broadband and phone line package
    After 1 week they went to install the phone line and I wait 3 days for the broadband router as advised, on the third day I contacted them to find out I could NOT HAVE BROADBAND as the line was not fast enough…
    So what I did!? I requested to cancel the package within the cancellation period on the phone and in writing by recorded delivery. After 1 week, I did not hear from them so I contact them to confirm the cancellation, when I was told they have not received any letter ( when I confirmed with an Post that they did! )
    After the call being passed from incompetent to incompetent and some interruptions in the middle (disconnecting the call!) I found someone in cancellations department that reassured me after he spoke with the team leader he would cancel the account!
    One would though it was finally resolved, but no! a few days later they sent a statement with final bill of 221.10 for a service they could not provide?! And they tried to take the money from my account!
    Since the beginning ,each time I contacted them it was like speaking to a brick wall, each time my calls were passed through several departments , has it seemed no one was willing to work that day!
    Should I go to comreg and small claims court to solve this matter?
    Tired of these twats!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

get onto comreg and watch how fast eircom resolve this.
    Seems the only thing eircom respond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I am coming to the conclusion that it is not incompetence but deliberate ........ this sort of thing happens too often ..... they don't care apparently, whether they can supply the service the customer wants once they can connect a phone line and charge for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Gogim wrote: »
    Hi
    I went to the website in 27 September and applied online for broadband, however I had to have a phone line as well and the website advised would be ok to have in my address broadband, therefore I applied for broadband and phone line package
    After 1 week they went to install the phone line and I wait 3 days for the broadband router as advised, on the third day I contacted them to find out I could NOT HAVE BROADBAND as the line was not fast enough…
    So what I did!? I requested to cancel the package within the cancellation period on the phone and in writing by recorded delivery. After 1 week, I did not hear from them so I contact them to confirm the cancellation, when I was told they have not received any letter ( when I confirmed with an Post that they did! )
    After the call being passed from incompetent to incompetent and some interruptions in the middle (disconnecting the call!) I found someone in cancellations department that reassured me after he spoke with the team leader he would cancel the account!
    One would though it was finally resolved, but no! a few days later they sent a statement with final bill of 221.10 for a service they could not provide?! And they tried to take the money from my account!
    Since the beginning ,each time I contacted them it was like speaking to a brick wall, each time my calls were passed through several departments , has it seemed no one was willing to work that day!
    Tired of these twats!

How do you know its a final bill? Does it state that on the letter? First bill seems to include a connection fee, what does it state on your contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I am coming to the conclusion that it is not incompetence but deliberate ........ this sort of thing happens too often ..... they don't care apparently, whether they can supply the service the customer wants once they can connect a phone line and charge for it!

Have to agree. Lodged a number of complaints, by phone, web, email, since August about billing errors, line faults, damage to my wall by eircom engineers and the fact that nobody calls me back when they say they will.. It's November now and nothing's happened, nobody cares, nobody takes ownership.. I've noticed eircom have been this way for as long as i can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Switched to Vodafone 2 years ago never had a days bother good enough rates for where I am and service hasnt really been a problem. Eircom do have a funny way of going about their billing system for first time connections but I am sure this will have been explained in the contract. You are by no means guaranteed broadband on any line (I have had to cancel myself due to the same situation years ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

I also became extremely frustrated when dealing with Eircom due to a poor internet connection and their failure to remedy the problem. I switched to UPC three months ago and have found them helpful and efficient and their broadband speed is excellent with no problems.

The final insult from Eircom was a final bill which included disconnection fees (fee for phone and fee for broadband) so be aware that they require 1 months notice of cancellation or you will be charged even if your are outside your contract period.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gogim

Thanks for all your comments.
    I will definitely have a look at all my possibilities as when I cancelled the service (the first letter I sent by recorded delivery) was within the 14 days cancellation period... and by law they should not charge cancellation fees at all... It is insulting the way they treat their customers...
    I certainly will not pay for a service they failed to provide!

stephendevlin: To be honest I do not understand the eircom statement with this final bill, however as I cancelled the service within the 14 days cancellation period and never even had a telephone in that line, I don't understand the €221.10!
    In the bill states Final bill and it includes connection and cancellation fees... Crazy! By the way, my current property already had eircom connection previously!

The cancellation period in any circumstances should have the purpose of a right to the consumer to change their mind outside the contract terms and conditions, in which as a right should not be punished by institutions by charging cancellation fees! After reading all your comments I seriously hope one of these days someone (and probably including myself) will take these issues with eircom into legal matters.
    It's outrageous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Gogim wrote: »
    Hi
    Tired of these twats!

Hi Gogim
    this makes awkward reading and I apologies for the lack of clarity and follow up. Would you mind PMing me your details and I can have this investigated for you?
    Tony

Eircom –Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First they ask you to contact them in PM as they cannot understand clearly enough the situation… ok, fair enough. I have done that and I am left again with no response from eircom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am left to believe that if their appearance in these chats is not to help customers resolve issues with eircom, I can only believe it serves to intimidate people and avoid escalating conversations about eircom… Well the only thing that cannot stop escalating is their incompetence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Gogim

I do apologise for the delay in somebody from eircom getting back to you on this and i equally apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused here.

I have looked into your order and I see the phone line was a full installation as there was no line in place at your address. As a phone line is required for broadband with eircom I am afraid there is a member of factors involved (distance, exchange EXC..) when trying to provide broadband, As such the line has to be installed first then tested before we know for certain if the broadband would be available on the new line.

I see that you ordered the phone line and broadband online. When the order is processed customers are asked to read and the terms and conditions (and they have to tick the box to accept the terms and conditions before the order can be processed).

So the terms and conditions state broadband is never guaranteed and the line needs to installed and has a separate contract of 12 months for connecting a telephone lien regardless if broadband is available or not.

As such the contract cancellation charge has to stand I'm afraid.

Thanks, Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Hi Gogim

I do apologise for the delay in somebody from eircom getting back to you on this and i equally apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused here.

I have looked into your order and I see the phone line was a full installation as there was no line in place at your address. As a phone line is required for broadband with eircom I am afraid there is a member of factors involved (distance, exchange EXC..) when trying to provide broadband, As such the line has to be installed first then tested before we know for certain if the broadband would be available on the new line.

I see that you ordered the phone line and broadband online. When the order is processed customers are asked to read and the terms and conditions (and they have to tick the box to accept the terms and conditions before the order can be processed).

So the terms and conditions state broadband is never guaranteed and the line needs to installed and has a separate contract of 12 months for connecting a telephone lien regardless if broadband is available or not.

As such the contract cancellation charge has to stand I'm afraid.

Thanks, Al

What a f**king joke!!!

BlueBaron wrote: »
    What a f**king joke!!!
    I am with you!
    twats, I am sending a letter to comreg and national consumer agency and I will see the outcome
    anyway if it is not resolved I go to small claims court

they forgot I cancel within the time allowed! I have a recorded delivery proof...

Advertisement