Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech

Options
  • 25-11-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi to all. My name is Marcos, I'm from Portugal and I have an Aritech alarm. Recently the battery of the alarm stopped charging. Since I have some knowledge of electronics (not alarms) i bought a new one to change the original one. To change the battery I disconnect the alarm from the power cabinet, opened the tamper, disconnect the old battery and connected the new one. In the alarm control panel all the lights started to blink and the control panel locked. If I try to put any code I don't get any sound when pressing the keys. Can anyone help me please? see the pictures please. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jeezz. What a mess...;)
    Try power it down again & leave it for a minute or 2 . Power back up on the battery first & see if you get any response from the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marcospratas

Cheers KoolKid. Done that and the keypad doesn't change. All the lights are still blinking. Did you see the spring inside the box where the board is mounted? That spring is activating a button in the board. I think it's a security system when you open the tamper but it's not working because the alarm doesn't activate. Any idea? Thanks for your reply :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure off the top of my head, & I'm mobile at the moment. We use the LCD keypads over here. I'm sending you the engineer manual for that system. Have a look over it & see if there's anything there.

Thanks KoolKid :)

Going to check the manual.

let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

I will. Thanks :)

KoolKid, thanks for the manual. Looks like I will need to program the alarm. I pressed the "#" + "No" keys and I have keypad again. I need to read the manual to program the alarm. What a mess........

No bother. If you need any more help with it give us a shout.;)

Do you know how to program this alarm? :)))) I've been reading the manual and sounds like a lot of steps and codes. I'm thinking on getting an rs232 interface to connect to the pc and program the alarm :)))

well...... it's not simple to program. I will try to find a easier way to do it. :)

Thanks KoolKid :)

okay, KoolKid, do you have a clue how to program the fire alarm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement