Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for one man courior company, good idea?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

My brother has a self employed courior for the past 10 years and like everyone else he is fin ing the past year hard going.
    So he has decided to setup a wesite to try and drum up some business.

I can`t really see the advantage of a website as he spends the day on the road so can only really check the site in the evening and as he is a one man show I imagine he will be limited to the jobs he can take on.

So I was just wondering does anyone have any suggestions as to how he could try and drum up some business other than a wesite.
    He`s based in Swords and covers all ofDublin. He`s gone around the industrial estates , businesses etc... with leaflets before and had no joy.
    He doesn`t want to work for the likes of nightline,fastway, dhl etc...

So anyone got any other suggestions or think that the website maybe a good idea?
    Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Website will only be of use if people are on it ..
    So although the initial cost of the website will not be that expensive, his online marketing campaign may be given the keywords he wishes to target..

So for instance "courier dublin" May yield 400 Visits Per month only a specific number will convert .. could be ranging from 2-5% i have seen it go higher for better "buying" keywords but im not going to do the research for you :D

So in theory he needs to take a specific marketing budget and include the cost of the website into this and see will it justify a return.. Eg.. get a marketing company to do a plan of attack for the budget he has allocated and include the keywords and he can do a rough guesstimate on conversions to see will it be worth his time and money..
    This is really a set and forget site, if he gets the SEM company to do the leg work "for him" but as you said, he is finding it tough and may not have cash..
    Get me a dozen keywords post below and we can do a quick summary of what visits he may recieve if you want..

Also bear in mind, some keywords such as the above may only get 400 visits per month .. which may be pittance but in your sector 1 client may be worth 5 figures, so bare this in mind when the numbers come back !!

Also your specific rank on google will depend i forgot to add how many of those visits you will get .. Typically the no1 spot on google will only account for approx 40% of this number so 160 will be the top end of the No1 spot, if your no10 on the first page you could get 2% of those numbers which will be 8 visits, hence why people have more than 1 keyword and some more longer buying targeted keywords!

And the website may act as a portal for getting people to ring his phone number, and increase brand awareness (even do his company may be small)

Best of luck with it either way bro !

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

As a one man courier business he will have two choices to my mind. Stay local and do B2B inside a 10 - 15 mile radious or Link in with come network that allows him to deliver nation wide.
    Either way I think a web site would be off benifit. It is really just a broucher for the business. All he would need is a simlpe "contact us" page that linked by email to his smart phone with any enquiries. It should be possible to target his specific geographical area with the Key words to improve the conversion rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

No harm having a website. He could have an email address on it with email delivered to a smart phone. Website can also show rates and delivery area if that's not something that's up for negotiation.

Advertisement