Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Arms Reach Universal Co-Sleeper?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello..we are looking to get an Arms Reach Universal Co-Sleeper over the next three weeks but can not seem to find anyone who has it in stock with some of them saying that they have had problems getting them from the Irish stockist www.cots.ie

If anyone knows anywhere we can get our hands on one that would be a great help as this is the one we want to get...Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

If you don't mind second hand I saw one or two on adverts.ie. You may possibly get one on eBay. I had real trouble finding one when I was looking but ended up getting a drop side cot that attaches to the side if the bed from mothercare that will last longer than the arms reach and was half the price

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

If you have your heart set on an Arms reach one fair enough. We really wanted a cosleeper but couldn't afford the ArmsReach one, so we got one of these instead and I have to say I loved it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IJ7IS8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

We read the reviews, got another mattress for it etc. but it was perfect for us, lasted my son for over 6 months until he went into his own room and is safely stored away for the next time! :D

I see that one is no longer available, but Amazon seem to have a few different ones from when I bought mine. They are much more reasonable than the ArmsReach.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbaby&field-keywords=co+sleeper&rh=n%3A59624031%2Ck%3Aco+sleeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I found the Arms reach superb with my daughter, she was a small baby so we were able to use it until she was 6/7 months. My son is a little pudding, much bigger than his sister so it only lasted him until he was 3 months.

As a result I would second the suggestion to buy a drop side cot. It'll last your child until they're ready to move into a bed, save you having to buy the arms reach and a cot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

We looked at a lot of different options and in the end we decided to just get a lovely wooden cot bed. We have the side closest to the bed left off and it secured to the bed. We have a rolled up sheet behind the mattress on the side that still has rails to keep the cot mattress firmly pushed against our bed (it's a divan). It does mean I have to crawl into bed from the bottom, but we're really happy with the solution, it gave us a much bigger choice and we won't need to buy another cot anytime soon. You could do the same with a regular cot too, but we felt happier doing it with a cot bed as they're designed to be used for a child with no sides so we knew it would be strong and sturdy without one of its sides.

I looked at an Armsreach, they're not very big, about the size of a Moses Basket. If you know you're not going to have a big baby then go for it. But our little guy was too tall for the Moses Basket at his grandparents at 8 weeks so I'm really glad we didn't splash out on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I got the Universal Armsreach, and baby's still in it (just) at 21 months, in cot mode. I do think we'll have to get a cot or cotbed for him soon, though, as I don't want to move to a bed just yet.

To answer your question, though, I don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

Hi All, thanks for all the replies they were all really helpful .. ended up getting one in Little Dreamers in Galway with free delivery to Dublin ... Just waiting for it to arrive today ... The other half thinks she might be going into labour so might be just in time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Toosey wrote: »
    Hi All, thanks for all the replies they were all really helpful .. ended up getting one in Little Dreamers in Galway with free delivery to Dublin ... Just waiting for it to arrive today ... The other half thinks she might be going into labour so might be just in time :)

Was just about to suggest that place, one of the few things in that shop that isn't ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

It's a b*tch to assemble so hope it's just prelabour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

Baby obviously out of co-sleeper now but have to say found it absolutely amazing. Gave it to my bro for his new baby and was easier to set up the second time. The taking it apart was actually harder than putting it together. Rgds Toose

Advertisement