Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Xbox via PC

Options
  • 25-11-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

So I've moved my Xbox and PC to sit beside each other upstairs now and I was wondering is it possible to record my online gameplay via the PC without a DVR? I presume I would need a recorder programme like FRAPS or something alike and a HDMI wire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Nope, you'll still need a capture card in the PC to record - most desktops don't come with video inputs as standard.

If you're going to keep the console next to the PC, you may be tempted to invest in an internal capture card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Where could I get capture cards? How do I know if I have a capture card? Looking at my CPUID and there's nothing to suggest that I have a capture card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Something like this if you have a free pci express slot

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Express-1080p-Video-Capture/dp/B007U5MGBE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1353861855&sr=8-5

1080p hdmi capture cards are not cheap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No offence, but it doesn't seem you're too up on computer stuff, so perhaps the easiest solution would be to buy a hauppage hd pvr.

It'll cost about as much as a capture card anyway and is very simple to use.

I did consider a Hauppage HD PVR but I thought that my P.C. would have something to record with.
    Will look at the PVR for Christmas maybe..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

I recommend a Elgato great 1080p HD Quality for the price http://www.gamecapture.com/ thinking of getting one myself when I get a hd tv....

Hmmm, I'll look into it. Money is the issue and PVR's aren't my priorities at the moment. Hopefully that'll change after Christmas

Advertisement