Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Tap

• 25-11-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Any one know how to change this water tap? normally taps have a cap on tis top and can be opened and changed, but this one just like two tall cap, i have tried to take it off but no avail, appreciated if any help or clue(please see the picture attached.) thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

taiya wrote: »
    Any one know how to change this water tap? normally taps have a cap on tis top and can be opened and changed, but this one just like two tall cap, i have tried to take it off but no avail, appreciated if any help or clue(please see the picture attached.) thanks!

You will have to resize the pictures..they are way to small to view propperly...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Whoa... have you a smaller pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 taiya

Hi Guys, sorry about the pictures, did not have time to come here recently, just reload them again, hope some one can help, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Hi Guys, sorry about the pictures, did not have time to come here recently, just reload them again, hope some one can help, thanks!

I have these taps. The knobs just pull off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

Are you looking to change the whole tap thing, or just the washers inside ?

if its the latter, Those knobs can be well stuck. just don't pull the sink off the wall

• Advertisement

Hi Homer911 and Whizbang, thanks for the reply, i just want to change the washer, how can i get the knobs off then? just pull it? they are quite stick and stubborn, i tried and could not get it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Hi Homer911 and Whizbang, thanks for the reply, i just want to change the washer, how can i get the knobs off then? just pull it? they are quite stick and stubborn, i tried and could not get it off.

I've just checked my taps again - the knobs definitely pull straight off. Its just a plastic toothed connection, so if it hasn't been off in a while, it could well be stiff. Underneath is a screw holding the rest of the fitting together.

If you can get some WD40 in under it, it would probably help. Just ease it off gently

Hi Homer, thank you very much for the help, got it off!!

Advertisement