Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musical choices for radio

• 25-11-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I need to compile a list of tracks to play on a music show on community radio. What is required is music that could be described as "skanger music". While I may be a skanger my taste in music is 60s and 70s and is deemed to be unsuitable for this project.

I would really appreciate your assistance in putting together a one hour playlist of the best music which is from the last 20 years or so and could be described as appealing to younger versions of me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Whats skanger music??

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Aslan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Chucken wrote: »
    Whats skanger music??

Let me epitomise that for you:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Chucken wrote: »
    Whats skanger music??

I don't know so I need help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Garth Brooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Dis be wot the buds r listenen to rite now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Go look at the tracklist for all the latest Now That's Blah Blah Shite 8347652794356 and that sort of thing, select the most repetitive ones (Helps if the letters DJ are featured in the artist name) and play them.

Are you doing links as well? Links can really help spread the time out along with inserts.

EDIT: Or you can ask Ireland's very own Party Animal™ Shaggy Boii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Custardpi wrote: »
    Dis be wot the buds r listenen to rite now.

Can anyone tell me if that's fairly representative of Swedish House Mafia's music as a whole?
    I'd never heard them before, and kind of half expected something similar to Daft Punk but not as good.
    That song above is dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Let me epitomise that for you:

It's like I'm back on the top deck of the nightlink ten years ago. It stings the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Just play the worst dance music you can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Meatloaf... U took the words right out of my mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, Professor Green, LMFAO, Maroon 5 (specifically the song 'Payphone'), Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc.

That's all the shíte they play in the bad clubs here, anyway. I'm more of a metal music person, so I know very little else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey UP Why didn't you post this in mu....
    joolsveer wrote: »
    What is required is music that could be described as "skanger music".

Oh. Oh right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Just stick on a Scooter album, any skanger worth his salt will be happy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Find a 30 second techo sample and put it on loop for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:confused: I heard a lot of them blasting country and western music from their Toyotas during the summer. I thought they all listened to Patsy Kline and that kind of s**te. I was shocked and morally outraged at such a waste of young lives:rolleyes:

I have to confess that I like country music too.
    Thanks a lot for your contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A bit of this

A touch of this

And there's nothing like a bit of new age patriotism to bring out the Celtic jersey in somebody

• Advertisement

Thanks for the video links. My daughter recommended Damo and Ivor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

How on earth did you get the position of dj on a radio station?

How on earth did you get the position of dj on a radio station?

I am not a dj on a radio station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Calvin Harris,David Guetta,Nicki Minaj and Swedish House Mafia seem to be popular on regional stations like Beat. Throw in a bit of The Script sure, that's seen as Rock music on mainstream music shows these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

You must have got a job with spin fm.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Play some classical music. Tupac Shakur for instance.

Play some classical music. Tupac Shakur for instance.

He doesn't have the bio of a classical performer.
    Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996), known by his stage names 2Pac and Makaveli, was an American rapper and actor.[1] Shakur had sold over 75 million records worldwide as of 2010,[2] making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world. Rolling Stone Magazine named him the 86th Greatest Artist of All Time.[3] The themes of most of Tupac's songs are the violence and hardship in inner cities, racism, social problems, and conflicts with other rappers during the East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry. Shakur began his career as a roadie, backup dancer, and MC for the alternative hip hop group Digital Underground.[4][5][6]

Both of his parents and several other family members were members of the Black Panther Party. Shakur was involved in an East Coast-West Coast rivalry after a major feud with East Coast rappers, producers and record-label staff members, most notably The Notorious B.I.G. and Bad Boy Records.[7]

On September 7, 1996, Shakur was shot four times in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was taken to the Southern Nevada University Medical Center, where he died six days later.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur

You must have got a job with spin fm.:D

No I am unemployed at the moment. I do some voluntary work with a community radio station.

Advertisement