Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how safe is paypal?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

As the title says..how safe is paypal?

I want to sell something and i have a buyer in the UK.he wants to pay via paypal as opposed to a bank transfare.when i request the money from his paypal acc will he be able to access my bank acc via hacking?just a bit worried as the item Im selling is worth a few thousand and i need to be totally sure paypal is really secure.
    Does anyone have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Paypal is very safe, its the worlds most widely used online payments system. The buyer will not be able to access any of your info. He pays money into your paypal account. You can then transfer the money from your paypal account into your bank account.

Also as a buyer online I would never pay anyone by bank transfer. The reason being is that if there is a dispute about the goods (eg. not received, not as described, damaged goods, etch) the paypal system as a mechanism to deal with this. This is not the case with a bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

on a side note keep all records of ur transactions .. a friend of mine has lost funds twice (to an interanl paypal "lost" account) , transferring from his bank account to his paypal account.. (no credit card) small amounts but hassle none the less , he was able to get the money back by showing the emails with proof of transactions

Advertisement