Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embarrassing jobs ?

• 25-11-2012 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Pizza delivery guy must be a loser job, how mortifying a job is that, other than the african guy in the nightclub toilets id fecking hate to do that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I can see this thread going well..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Being Lucky and being called Frank.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:eek:

Bloody hell op! A job is a job!

What do you do as a matter of interest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

We're in a recession. What is wrong with a guy delivering pizzas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Pizza delivery guy must be a loser job, how mortifying a job is that, other than the african guy in the nightclub toilets id fecking hate to do that

I wouldn't do him either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Looking down at people because they are trying to earn a living - that is the most embarrassing thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

There are very few jobs I'd see as embarrassing. Basically all of them have a purpose. Think being a binman is embarrassing? Try being waist deep in trash. How about people who clean toilets for a living? If that wasn't a job, you'd be wondering why, as every public toilet would be basically inhospitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I can see this thread going well..... :rolleyes:
    I remember saying to my bird that i do take away deliveres to make extra cash, she nearly died, she said imagine i saw some of my mates or hers with that stupid cap, jesus id die with embarrasment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Anyone with dependants will do a job that pays a fair wage and you are treated right by your employer. Being derogatory about a person's job just shows ignorance of the individuals circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Any job is a job. Were in a recession. People who can even get any sort of job are lucky. This is a stupid thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I remember saying to my bird that i do take away deliveres to make extra cash, she nearly died, she said imagine i saw some of my mates or hers with that stupid cap, jesus id die with embarrasment

Classy "bird"...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I delivered pizza when I was in college. Never once was embarrassed to be honest. Having the ESB cut off because you're too embarrassed to do a job that pays the bills would be much more embarrassing.

Infairness i am 'cool' and good looking i put cool in brackets cause it's gay to call yourself cool, but socially i think im above delivering pizza's, if i needed to do it to survive id do it, i just think it would be to embarrassing and im not trying to wind anyone up it's just how i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Not as embarrassing as this: :rolleyes:

Jezek wrote: »
    Looking down at people because they are trying to earn a living - that is the most embarrassing thing ever.

You said it Jazek!

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Not as embarrassing as this: :rolleyes:
    theres always a smart cnut and i wrote that still pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

There are very few jobs I'd see as embarrassing. Basically all of them have a purpose. Think being a binman is embarrassing? Try being waist deep in trash. How about people who clean toilets for a living? If that wasn't a job, you'd be wondering why, as every public toilet would be basically inhospitable.

When it comes to actual work, I'd choose binman/toilet cleaner over a waiter/customer service any day. Not pleasant jobs, but anything's better than having to constantly pretend you give a cr*p about customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Theres no place for snobbery any more,any one willing to get off their arse to deliver pizza or clean the jacks is to be commended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd hate to be the type of person that looks down on people for working what they can. Must be a very lonely life to judge people on everything.

OneArt wrote: »
    When it comes to actual work, I'd choose binman/toilet cleaner over a waiter/customer service any day. Not pleasant jobs, but anything's better than having to constantly pretend you give a cr*p about customers.

There's a fantastic mockumentary called Kenny that anyone who thinks a job is under them should watch. Bloody good stuff and a really charming character.

• Advertisement

Theres no place for snobbery any more,any one willing to get off their arse to deliver pizza or clean the jacks is to commended.

yeah but would you do it ? would you deliver to your mates wearing that cap ffs please, id be ripped to bits most irish blokes wouldnt do it and thats the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Hey Frank, always meant to ask - what happened with your wife banging another bloke and you smacking her and him then getting turfed out of your house? How did that all work out. Not embarrassing at all, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Infairness i am 'cool' and good looking i put cool in brackets cause it's gay to call yourself cool

You're cool enough to pull it off though. You're so cool that you even make calling yourself cool actually look cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Infairness i am 'cool' and good looking i put cool in brackets cause it's gay to call yourself cool, but socially i think im above delivering pizza's, if i needed to do it to survive id do it, i just think it would be to embarrassing and im not trying to wind anyone up it's just how i feel
    Around here, the kids call people "cool" as a slagging. Alongside "meet", it just doesn't mean what it used to. :)

Delivering pizza is a job, I've done some seriously crappy jobs over the years, I give a toss what people percieved them to be, as long as I paid my bills. Also, free hats, no-one told me you can get free hats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

See the way alot of people accuse others of being a "troll" on here? It seems to be the fashion to accuse someone of being a troll when they share an opinion different to yours... well take note. this is a troll :)

Just creating a thread to try and stir the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The Ross O'Carroll-Kelly persona isn't funny any more OP.

Also, ew... Swords and not Malahoide loike?! Pov.

Hey Frank, always meant to ask - what happened with your wife banging another bloke and you smacking her and him then getting turfed out of your house? How did that all work out. Not embarrassing at all, I'd imagine.
    yeah turns out i was coked out of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Well I'm afraid to say sir, your girlfriend is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

In a country with nearly a half a million unemployed you think there are loser jobs? Where have you been for the last 4 years!
    Anyoe who has a job however humble is no loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Eh?

Quite frankly, I love any guy that brings me pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

yeah but would you do it ? would you deliver to your mates wearing that cap ffs please, id be ripped to bits most irish blokes wouldnt do it and thats the truth
    If it meant feeding my kids and keeping my house yeah id do it.(maybe without the hat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I'd much rather be delivering pizzas than being a coke head. coke heads are asshats , from my experience dealing with them at work, pizza delivery guys on the other hand, not obnoxious or loud in the slightest. plus they bring you pizza! what's not to like.

yeah turns out i was coked out of my head

Turns out you were trolling then and now, more like.
    Or, you could prove me wrong.
    Please explain how, exactly, cocaine led to you hallucinating that you had caught your wife with someone else, hit them both, been expelled from home for days and contemplating suicide at your mother's house. Try to do this while recalling that the active period of cocaine is about 20 minutes after ingestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I think craving attention so much and being so unable to receive it in real life that one trolls (badly) on the internet is incredibly embarrassing.

Also, this is how I now imagine you, thanks to the bolded part of your post:

I've never seen a pizza delivery person with a hat in Ireland btw :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When i was in school, i worked in Tesco on the Fruit & Veg dept.. i'm lucky enough to be in a great job now.

However if i lost my great job, i'd rather go back to tesco than sit on my ass tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

The only Loser here is the OP, /thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I don't even notice the caps you're talking about, you can't possibly speak for most Irish blokes because you don't know, and are you and your friends 16?
    See the way alot of people accuse others of being a "troll" on here? It seems to be the fashion to accuse someone of being a troll when they share an opinion different to yours... well take note. this is a troll :)
    Nah that's just something trolls say to defend themselves. It is extremely rare that the accusation is merely for disagreement; there's nearly always some merit to it.

Turns out you were trolling then and now, more like.
    Or, you could prove me wrong.
    Please explain how, exactly, cocaine led to you hallucinating that you had caught your wife with someone else, hit them both, been expelled from home for days and contemplating suicide at your mother's house. Try to do this while recalling that the active period of cocaine is about 20 minutes after ingestion.
    i lied i never hit her but i did punch him, i was suicidel cause i was coming down from coke and im on anti D's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

I did deliveries, car park attendant,mickey mouse security jobs and I've cleaned jacks. All on the way to something better. They're part of what paid off the mortgage on my family's home. One of the lads who minded cars with me is now a barrister qualified here in Ireland and in the UK. I honestly cannot fathom how much money he earns. Best thing about him is that, rich as he is, he will NEVER look down on anyone because of what they work at. I'm the same, better than no one and there are few better than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Well I'm afraid to say sir, your girlfriend is an idiot.

Clearly, she is going out with the OP after all.

i lied i never hit her but i did punch him, i was suicidel cause i was coming down from coke and im on anti D's

Give it up, man. You're crap at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Wow, how embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

amdublin wrote: »
    :eek:

Bloody hell op! A job is a job!

What do you do as a matter of interest :rolleyes:

The fact he didn't answer this says it all really..

A job is a job, whatever pays the bills as they say.

feck ya'll southside snobs holier than thou ye dont live in the real world, any real irish bloke wouldnt be caught dead delivering pizza, its a loser job for foreigners and ye all know it

Troll banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

feck ya'll southside snobs holier than thou ye dont live in the real world, any real irish bloke wouldnt be caught dead delivering pizza, its a loser job for foreigners and ye all know it

You're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We're still waiting for you to tell us what you do for a living

Frank isn't a troll, he's an idiot, possibly a young teenager, who thinks that behaviour is what makes an adult cool.

Banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

How about people who clean toilets for a living? If that wasn't a job, you'd be wondering why, as every public toilet would be basically inhospitable.

Do you mean intolerable or do you just prefer your toilets to be polite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

Definition of snob: A snob believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, class, taste, beauty, nationality, et cetera..

Being called a snob by someone who looks down on pizza delivery guys is a new one for me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement