Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom - PSTN Voice service down. Any updates?

• 25-11-2012 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

It seems Smart Telecom is having serious issues with their voice service this weekend.

We have DSL broadband but our phone line is giving a continuous busy / engaged tone and ignoring any digits dialled. It's been like this since Saturday night.

Other people on Smart's forum and on twitter are reporting the same issue in Cork, Dublin, Dundalk and Sligo - so it's not a localised issue.

Their customer service line isn't open at the weekend and there's nobody answering threads on their forum.

Does anyone have any updates? It's pretty annoying to be left without a land line for this long!

Also very unimpressed that they've absolutely no contact centre (not even faults) at the weekend! Not exactly great unless you've a fault during business hours on a weekday.

If anyone gets any updates or explanations could they share them here as there's absolutely nothing coming from smart at the moment, not even a message on their website or a recorded update on their voice mail on the helpline.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

It is a bit ridiculous alright that there is no way to contact them at the weekend... I'm in the same boat at the moment. Imagine if someone had an emergency and couldn't call 999 because their operator's phone network is down... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yeah, at the very least they could update their website or put a recorded message on their phone advising people what the problem is and what they're doing about it.

I'd say if this goes on a few more days I'll be looking at alternative providers.

They left us without phone service for ages a few years ago due to a fibre cable fault at our local exchange. It dragged on for days!

This is really not how to do customer service. I can't get through to their 1890 Number at all and they've no updates on their forums or on their website and it's now 10:12am on Monday.

Pretty shockingly bad customer service!

At the very least they should stick a message up on their website with an update about what's going on.

It seems to be back online...

Advertisement