Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

core workout question ??

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys

Just a question about core workout is all

At the moment i do two sets of a tough core workout after every muscle workout in the gym but it takes me 5 training sessions to complete the body workout.

Just wondering then should i leave core to another night which would be a sixth night and do 5 to 6 exercises or is 6 days to long to do a complete body workout because im getting kind of sick of doing core every night.

Hope ye can help
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I wouldn't do it every night , your core muscles need time to rest and recover just like all the others. I'd leave a break of a day or two between training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I train for a sport that allows strikes to the stomach, and I would usually train core, 2 days on, 1 day off. Three weeks out from a fight I'd do six days a week, but that's always followed by a break. (As Papu said, muscles need rest.) That's the most I've ever seen anyone in Muay Thai need. If your not involved in a sport that you'll be getting hit in the mid section, you could get away with 3 times a week and still have a bulletproof core.

Advertisement