Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child maintenance reduced

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have 6 year old with myex. We broke up 4 years ago and I have been paying child maintenancesince then. She has recently bought a house and married. She was working fulltime, but reduced her hours so she could claim benefits and work at the same time.Her husband works full time. I am single and renting and also payingmaintenance for another child from another relationship.

Could anyone tell me if Icould get the child maintenance reduced? Does it matter that shehas now married and there is another full time wage coming into their house tosupport them, or is there somebody who was in the same situation as me that couldadvise me.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,050 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You can apply to get child maintenance reduced if your circumstances have changed.

Her new husband is not financially responsible for your child so you can't claim that he is now there to support your child too.

If you can afford the maintenance you should keep up with the payments. If you can't then you need to get all your documentation and evidence together and go about varying it. But there is no guarantee it will go your way.

That is assuming of course it is court ordered maintenance.

Advertisement