Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for saying that I was reporting a post

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I got a month ban from the soccer forum for saying that I was reporting a post whilst they thought it was perfectly acceptable for another user to troll a thread for days on end after it was reported. Something wrong there! It seems like they were looking for any sort of technicality to dish out a ban!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the relevant Soccer mods? I see you picked up a yellow for back-seat modding, but the ban was for an accumulation of cards under the forum's "totting-up" process

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

An accumulation of cards but the recent warning is farcical tbh. I reported someone that was starting to troll a thread, I said as much in the thread. This carry on went on for 2 days without any moderator intervention. The moderators must have gone back through about 40+ posts and decide that I'm the one that should be effectively banned for a month?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the relevant soccer mod(s)? It's the first step in the dispute process, as outlined above

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the relevant soccer mod(s)? It's the first step in the dispute process, as outlined above

I have, I was told to post here about it by the mod that issued the warning. The warning came from one moderator and the ban came from another.

OK, I've now had a look at this

You picked up a yellow card for the following post
    once again brewster is too lazy to drag his soapbox into the correct thread.

edit

post reported
    Now that's backseat moderation on two counts - telling someone they are in the wrong thread and then stating you have reported the post. If you have an issue with someone's post, report it and leave it there. It's for the mods to take a decision on what, if any, action to take, and your post was basically pre-judging the issue in the public forum (and derailing the thread). Hence I can see no basis for overturning the yellow (I would add though that you have a history of picking up yellows from both soccer and rugby forums for backseat moderation, and you have been around long enough to understand that these sorts of posts can expect to result in mod action)

The ban is a consequence of that yellow, and additional red and yellow cards picked up in the forum over the past 3 months. I have taken the trouble to have a look at both (the yellow was again for backseat moderation, and the red for telling another poster to fcuk off), and they seem entirely appropriate.

Under the Soccer Forum Charter 4 yellows (with a red counting as 2 yellows) results in an automatic one month ban.

So in this case, you have not been banned for this yellow in isolation, but for your behaviour in the forum over the past 3 months. I can see no basis for overturning either the card or ban

• Advertisement

I didnt derailed the thread, I completely disagree with that tbh.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I didnt derailed the thread, I completely disagree with that tbh.
    I'm upholding the card as it was clear backseat modding. As stated above the ban is an automatic consequence of this particular card (although I acknowledge the post in isolation would not be worthy of a ban). You may ask an Admin to review this if you wish

no i wont be taking it further nor will i ever be reporting a post again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement