Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers Carol Singing Door to Door?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I live in Waterville and within the past ten mins have had my doorbell rung repeatedly. Was in bed feeling unwell but got up as I worried it was something serious. Found 2 boys aged 13ish under a golf umbrella who proceeded to sing Jingle Bells at me. It's still November! Presume they're trying to make some shopping money but thought it very odd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chancing their arms. I always tell them to come back Christmas week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I blame x factor :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Nothing a kettle of boiling water won't sort out....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Keyzer wrote: »

I know this is meant as a joke, but annoying as these guys are we don't condone violence towards them, just in case anyone actually takes this as serious advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Keyzer wrote: »

To make them a cuppa ?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

These must be younger brothers/sister of ones that used to call about 5 years back.
    They called collecting for halloween and a couple of days later singing carols.
    They rang the bell and when I opened the door they were half way out the garden, gave me a very fast version of silent night, I just laughed at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Throw them a Euro folks, they're at least making an effort, as opposed to stating 'There is f**k all to do around here'. ;)

We used to Carol song in Edgewood lawn as they used to have a few quid and we had this wooden box with paper stuck to it, 'In aid for Fr ray, Corduff church'.

In short, Farther Ray never seen a penny of it. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

chucknorris banned for stealing from the baby jaysiz!

Gaspode wrote: »
    chucknorris banned for stealing from the baby jaysiz!

BUT, I never stole an Ambulance. :D

God no... if I gave them a euro they'd tell everyone and then I'd have to give them all euro's... :\

Most forget to come back Christmas week so I only have to give out one or two euro then!

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    God no... if I gave them a euro they'd tell everyone and then I'd have to give them all euro's... :\

Most forget to come back Christmas week so I only have to give out one or two euro then!

We never told who gave, that would be bad business. ;)

Your lot obviously didn't have the same values as the boyo's up in Wellview then!

January wrote: »
    Your lot obviously didn't have the same values as the boyo's up in Wellview then!

We had better values, we knew after Carol singing, who then to knock to in Spring to clean windows, and then Summer to cut grass.

Like milking a cow. Don't take too much and it'll keep on giving. ;)

Advertisement