Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two fires in Leixlip last night.

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Very suspicious sounding. The Salmon Leap and C4 Solutions on Main St.

Anyone know anything? Was it arson?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

bit unlikly it was arson,, 2 of the few empty units set alight at same time,, bit to conensedencil,,, however i did hear a a romour about a power surge/power fault at the near by power station, sparked the fires, in the old electrics, most plauseable i think,, anyone else know anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

ymurtagh wrote: »
    bit unlikly it was arson,, 2 of the few empty units set alight at same time,, bit to conensedencil,,, however i did hear a a romour about a power surge/power fault at the near by power station, sparked the fires, in the old electrics, most plauseable i think,, anyone else know anything

C4 isn't empty...

it was the empty building next door,, may have spread to c4

Lightening doesn't strike twice.

Just heard on the grapevine that a teenager has been picked up for arson. Caught on CCTV somewhere apparently.

had hear simalar, didn't want to contradict myself,, wonder how long his suspend sentence will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

just to give an update ..... there was two guys arrested for arson of the Salmon Leap (one is a minor and will probably be charged in the childrens court while the other is over 18 and will go before the courts)

one has a string of previous and the other only a couple (not sure which has which and dont want to speculate.)

I was just told that someone (well known locally for all the wrong reasons) has been convicted for this and jailed for 2.5 years. Does anyone know how to check the specific court details on-line, assuming they are online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

n97 mini wrote: »
    I was just told that someone (well known locally for all the wrong reasons) has been convicted for this and jailed for 2.5 years. Does anyone know how to check the specific court details on-line, assuming they are online?

I would have thought that you would more likely read about it in the Liffey Champion then online.

They have it in the library - also have back copies.

Advertisement