Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logging out automatically

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

every now and again im logged out automatically

not sure why this is happening

anyone know?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'd imagine it's because you haven't clicked the "keep me logged in" box when you log in.

If you don't tick it, you get logged out automatically after a certain length of inactivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Do you run Ccleaner or any other cleaner?. Do you clear your cookies sometimes?. If you do then clearing your cookies will log you out of every site your logged into at the time.

I'm assuming that you do have the "keep me logged in" button ticked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Happens to be but only if I have been inactive on that computer for a period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, happens to me every now and again both at home and in work. Both running Win 7. FF 17.0

Don't have to be inactive, sometimes if I close the browser and open it again, I'm logged out. Yes, I always have the box ticked :)

Doesn't bother me enough to make a song and dance about it. Probably happens once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

yeah i always click the keep me logged in button but i still get logged out

but like the poster above said its not a big problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement